MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

Article about: Basicly thats it? I really thought it has some use.

Default Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

Hello. This was my first gas mask i have ever bought. I think its a really nice one, especially the mask who is like new. The cannister is painted in colour that il blue-grey so ill guess luftwaffe. Has the cleaning cloth and the spring.

The only thing that im not satisfied with is that the cannister is 1941, the date inside is 1942 and the mask is 1943.
    I can make more pics if needed. Cheers

Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

Looks like a really nice set you've aquired,never knew they produced GM30's that late in the war.as you said the mask is like new,congrats on your find...........Jake.

Nice example.... does the name also appear on the GM30 itself ??

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    never knew they produced GM30's that late in the war.
    The GM30 was produced until 1945 (I have a 45 dated example)

To be honest, I am still looking for a GM38 which is 45 dated

here some pictures of the 45 dated one (with it's 45 dated can )

some parts are 44 dated but mostly 45

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Wish i could have had this set of yours instead of the second best i just bought on fleabay oh well beggers cant be choosers...............Jake.

Im glad that my first one is really nice and signed. Shame that the straps arent in better condition, but i cant complain. Im going to post more pics of the mask in a minute.
    Cheers

Here, more pictures. You just have to love that every part and strap of the mask is marked. Looks like the cannister has a fingerprint on it? Enjoy the pics cheers

Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

Today when i was looking at the cannister on the sun i noticed that there is a same surname under the paint where the white surname writen is. That means that he had the cannister before he repainted it.

Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?

Have to ask; what was the spring used for?? Was it put into the cloth or what?

It holds the cleaning cloth in place in the bottom of the tin. Here is one from my collection to illustrate.

Cheers, Ade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas mask & cannister, painted LW blue?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice original named gas mask and canister complete you don't find a lot that are. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast