Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Gas mask found in neighbouring town

Article about: As requested I post some more pictures of a gas mask that was given to me by a buddy of mine who found it in the neighbouring town. I don’t know anything about it. Only that it’s probabl

?

Default Gas mask found in neighbouring town

As requested I post some more pictures of a gas mask that was given to me by a buddy of mine who found it in the neighbouring town.
    I don’t know anything about it. Only that it’s probably from 1938 assuming by the stamp. Need to ask him if he can get me a filter for it. I also noticed some areas with a blueish paint underneath the green paint.

Anon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas mask found in neighbouring town
    P
    Many

A nice set, albeit incomplete. It’s a GM30 mask, which preceded the GM38 but was produced alongside it up to the end of the war. All that’s needed to complete the set is the filter and the metal retaining spring that sits in the bottom of the canister. A very nice sleeper find, congratulations!

B.B.

Hello,
    Thanks Anon for posting this set here...
    Brodie is right, only things you need to complete the set are the spring placed in the canister and a FE37 filter.
    Too bad you did not take a photo of the canister itself...we love GM but we love canisters a bit more...
    You own a prewar set with a 1939 dated GM (apparently) in very good condition and a canister of the first productions as it seems to be the elongated variant and it's 1938 dated, which is the year it was adopted (perhaps my eyes lie to me and it's still the shorter version !?). The white cloth is dirty but it's the right type found in canisters and there's still leather protections for the long carrying strap (nice set of early straps by the way). Spare lenses are always a bonus.
    No ink stamps from the Gasschützunteroffizier at the bottom of the canister ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you for the Info! The canister itself is pretty long ive seen shorter ones i think. Ive also seen no ink stamp but the outside is a bit rusty. When im home again i can add some pictures of the canister when im back home.

Anon

?

Here are some more pictures. No other stamps except the one on the strap and the one next to the stamped date.

Not got the D for Dicht, waterproofed so it’s an early 1938 model. Very nice find out if the woodwork.