MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gasmask Model 38, bwz Marked, 1943

Article about: Hi again, folks. Thought I'd share this gasmask and canister combo from the collection. The mask: I believe this is a typical black rubber type Model 38 Gasmask - bwz marked & "43&q

Default Gasmask Model 38, bwz Marked, 1943

Hi again, folks.

Thought I'd share this gasmask and canister combo from the collection.

The mask:
    I believe this is a typical black rubber type Model 38 Gasmask - bwz marked & "43" on the interior
    bwz is Auer-Gesellschaft AG, Werk Oranienburg (unless I'm mistaken)
    WaA marked on the interior, WaA721
    Rubber in excellent, pliable, uncracked condition
    Typical filter, stamped as model FE41 and Fe (ferro)
    Filter dated April 43

The canister:
    Standard painted steel canister with the aluminum liner present (at least, I think these are aluminum)
    Marked buv underneath the lid and "43"
    Dicht "D" marked on the bottom
    Short and long belt and carry straps are the rubber tipped type marked ebd44 - I believe they were made in a Czech factory (44 being the date).
    I doubt these straps have always been with this canister, could have been added at any time, but they are in excellent condition and I think they suit the canister well.

Enjoy!

Gasmask Model 38, bwz Marked, 1943Gasmask Model 38, bwz Marked, 1943

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gasmask Model 38, bwz Marked, 1943
    P
    Many

Hello,
    That's a very decent set, with nice black shiny face mask and canister in very nice condition that retained almost all factory paint.
    The lack of spring and cloth at the bottom of the canister is a problem for some people, but for others it's not...i belong to the first category and don't like when both items are missing. I used to have spare ones to complete canisters randomly bought.
    I can't say if the set remained or not this way since the war but if it's a put together, the person who did it had good taste to choose those famous rubberized ebd straps, they're great. I've seen ebd straps from 43 & 44, but never ebd 45 straps.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's a very decent set, with nice black shiny face mask and canister in very nice condition that retained almost all factory paint.
    The lack of spring and cloth at the bottom of the canister is a problem for some people, but for others it's not...i belong to the first category and don't like when both items are missing. I used to have spare ones to complete canisters randomly bought.
    I can't say if the set remained or not this way since the war but if it's a put together, the person who did it had good taste to choose those famous rubberized ebd straps, they're great. I've seen ebd straps from 43 & 44, but never ebd 45 straps.
    Thanks
    Thanks for having a look, JP.

I also like to pick up a retaining spring and cleaning cloth when I have the chance - once I pick up another set I'll definitely drop it into the canister.

The ebd straps really are the best, too!

Thanks!

Nice rig, not sure whether the ebd straps are contemorary with the canister as they have little wear on them. But no problem with this set at all, nice to find one in such good substance.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Nice rig, not sure whether the ebd straps are contemporary with the canister as they have little wear on them. But no problem with this set at all, nice to find one in such good substance.
    Agree on all points. Thanks for having a look!