Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine late war Y-straps?

Article about: Hello, I have been searching for a nice pair of Y-straps lately and found one for sale. I am however quite scared since Y-straps can easily be post-war or repro. I found a "Heavy"

Default Genuine late war Y-straps?

Hello,

I have been searching for a nice pair of Y-straps lately and found one for sale. I am however quite scared since Y-straps can easily be post-war or repro. I found a "Heavy" version of the german Y-straps in black leather with little usage (Not marked).
    I am confident however that this Y-strap is a nice example of late war, but I am confused about the hook. Since I haven't find any other Y straps with such a hook on the backside. In the description it is said that the hook is a typical 'end of the war' hook. Also the rivet seems a bit too good for it's age??
    Anyway, thanks for any help!

Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine late war Y-straps?
    P
    Many

That’s a funky looking hook on the backstrap.....

Quote by KatManDude View Post
    That’s a funky looking hook on the backstrap.....
    This is the style of late war hardware.
    I am more concerned that the rear strap may be earlier than the rest of the strap parts.
    I don't believe the front hooks are late war.
    Best wait for MP44Tom or JPhilip.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-05-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello.
    The metal wire rear hook as odd as it may seem has been used on several late war pieces of equipment, there are even some rather uncommon bread bag carrying straps with hooks like this one.
    The rear strap might not originally belong to where it is, the front straps seem to be of earlier manufacturing, so it may be helpful to see how exactly the D rings are sewn on the straps themselves.

Thanks for the comments guys,
    I am actually looking for a Y-strap and I don't mind if it has early or late war parts. As long as there are no post war parts I am happy. So can I conclude that the Y-strap is original?

You are welcome. What can be seen of the straps seems genuine, but I will not give a final opinion on the matter without better pictures.
    I don't know if that an be useful to you or not, but here is a picture of the aforementioned bread bag carrying strap :

Genuine late war Y-straps?

It is rather cheaply made, unpractical to use, but authentic nonetheless.

You can read some of the comments on a few other threads and form your own opinion as well.
    late war Y straps
    Early 'Y' straps what are they??
    Y Straps, what are your thoughts?

Here is a good reference site by one of the Moderators of this section of the forum.
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Or, send one of the Moderators of this section a PM, and ask him to post his opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Again thx for the info!
    I did my own research and especially used the MP44 site and warrelics threads to compare the above Y strap I posted. I saw a lot of resemblances with a late war (Like visible sewing visible on the main straps front, and all other little details.) The seller is actually from rbnr, I have read that Jonathan is a very trustable seller.
    So with all the evidence collected and researched, pointing it towards a late-war Y-strap, I finally decided to buy it.
    Thx for the help guys!

Backstrap is perfectly allright.... it’s a late war one !

Rest of the backstrap: i would say original based on these pics , but the pics arent too clear.....

Tom

?

In case you don't know there are variations of these on FJM44's site under Y- straps in the militaria reference section.
    I bought my own set with a similar hook from him.
    Thanks for such an interesting thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast