Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Genuine late war Y-straps?

Article about: Hello, I have been searching for a nice pair of Y-straps lately and found one for sale. I am however quite scared since Y-straps can easily be post-war or repro. I found a "Heavy"

Hi guys,

So I received the package today with the Y-straps and some other stuff and the first thing I did was checking the other stuff that was not visible on the pic.
    Unfortunately my heart broke. I checked the main upper D rings and saw their stitching. I knew this kinda stitching was suspicious and found that these should actually be czech leather Y-straps.
    My guess is that the seller, rbnr.it, has put a genuine late war back strap (it is stamped with RB.NR.......) on a czech leather Y-strap and thus sold it as a late war german ww2 y-strap. I feel betrayed and disgusted by this. The seller should have known this was a czech Y-strap and not a german one.
    Am I right about the Y-strap being mainly czech?
    Thanks
    SpanishSoldier
    Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine late war Y-straps?
    P
    Many

Unfortunately what I can see now with detailed and not blurry pictures looks a lot like this :

GERMAN WW11 COMBAT LEATHER Y STRAP

Late war german Y straps with D rings attachments like this have existed, but the stitching is different if I remember correctly, like a pitchfork.
    Does the leather on your Y straps show the fish scales finish that is typical of czech made gear ?

Hi Edward,
    The leather on the whole y-strap is just plain leather and has no fish scales. (checked everything)
    So is that a good thing to have? The Y-strap has the same leather pattern like the pic you send, not the pictures in the link (which has fish scales).
    Maybe I overreacted a bit too soon, but I have never seen these kind of arrow stitching and thought I may have been bamboozled.
    The D-rings are quite big however. Almost as wide as the Y-strap.
    Another thing I noticed, and don't know what is called, is the small piece of leather attached to the hooks. I have seen german and czech Y-straps with those, but can't decide which is which.
    Again, thx for the help!

So far all I have seen on late war Y-straps is this kind of pitchfork stitching :

Unissued German late war leather combat Y-straps, << RBNr >>

It doesn't prove anything in itself so I guess we'll need to see more pictures of the straps, including all the metal bits.
    You'll also notice that the D-rings are quite large too, which is normal as they must retain the A-frame / Tornister hooks.
    The hook with light grey paint on your straps seems fine, is there any maker's mark on it ?

As requested some better pictures.
    First set are the hooks and D-rings, front and back.
    Second set are the rivets and their backside.
    Third set is the Upper D-rings and their stitching, front and back.
    Fourth set is the main section and its backside.
    And finally the backstrap, front and back (rb.nr is already shown in above reply).
    And I Added a side pictures from all the straps for a better side view.

Edit: It seems the pictures sets have been shuffled, my apologies.

Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?Genuine late war Y-straps?

Most of what I see is consistent with other examples of late war Y-straps.
    I suppose that mismatching painted steel parts is possible in the late war context.
    I am still looking for rivets of the same type used here to maintain the auxiliary straps.

Hopefully this will be my final comment in this thread but here we go.
    After searching for hours I found a Y-strap that is almost 100% identical, but with different hooks .
    EA-Militaria | Mint Wehrmacht Y-Riemen (RBNr marked)
    Like everything is almost identical, also marked with RBNr 0/0390/0204 on the backstrap. The back strap is a late war with a wire hook which is the same as my one! Even the rivets are the same. (Stitching is however dark on backstrap and hooks are different).
    I am convinced this is an actual late war german Y-Strap and this might perhaps be a kind of rare very late war piece?

Reactions are always appreciated!
    Spanish Soldier

Nice find indeed.
    With late war gear findind an exact match is probably harder than with earlier equipment. Those Y-straps are still very close to yours, and the hooks really stick to the ersatz definition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2