Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German gas mask cannister

Article about: Hi, just seeking the advice of you experts on here, I don't normally buy german militaria as I'm never sure what's the genuine article !, I have several badge's and a belt which I posted on

jwp
    ?

Default German gas mask cannister

Hi, just seeking the advice of you experts on here, I don't normally buy german militaria as I'm never sure what's the genuine article !, I have several badge's and a belt which I posted on here in my collection but these are all items my dad, a WW2 vet ,German gas mask cannisterGerman gas mask cannisterGerman gas mask cannisterGerman gas mask cannisterbrought home. I have alway's wanted to add a German gas mask Cannister to my small collection and have spotted this one for sale online, looks a little bit too good to my untrained eye, would value your opinions on this (seller's pic's),
    regards,
    John.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German gas mask cannister
    P
    Many

A good luftschutz canister. The straps look period but directly sewn on the loops is odd ... maybe replaced?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

jwp
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    A good luftschutz canister. The straps look period but directly sewn on the loops is odd ... maybe replaced?
    many thanks for that, I did wonder if the top strap should have had the button type attachment, so this would be for civil defence use rather than military ? ,
    John.

Dan nailed it a Luftschuz can non military The RLI 38-3 number on the top is the maker some where there is a makers list of LS makers I can't remember off the top of my head who it was nice can for sure. timothy

jwp
    ?

Timothy, Dan,
    many thanks for your help, much appreciated,
    cheers,
    John.

Quote by Danmark View Post

Hello,
    The sewn strap is rather the norm for the Luftschutz...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello John,
    In my opinion, if you want only one canister that will be representative of german gasmask carriers, you should get an army one instead of a Luftschutz example.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

jwp
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello John,
    In my opinion, if you want only one canister that will be representative of german gasmask carriers, you should get an army one instead of a Luftschutz example.
    Thanks
    many thanks, yes I agree, I will hang on for a suitable army one,
    cheers,
    John.