Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Luftwaffe Gas Mask - M1938 Original?

Article about: Hello All! I am interested in purchasing this complete Luftwaffe (or claimed Luftwaffe) M38 Gas Mask set, but am unsure of its originality. I have looked through this form as well as the MP4

Default German Luftwaffe Gas Mask - M1938 Original?

Hello All!

I am interested in purchasing this complete Luftwaffe (or claimed Luftwaffe) M38 Gas Mask set, but am unsure of its originality. I have looked through this form as well as the MP44.nl website to compare photos and markings, by my novice estimation it looks okay to me. That being the case, I would like to get some more learned opinions on the originality of this gas mask. Additionally, what are some tell-tale signs of fakes or re-issue after the war? Any and all help is appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Luftwaffe Gas Mask - M1938 Original?
    P
    Many

All very original, although named to a Kanonier, so not necessarily Luftwaffe related as he could be Artillerie or Flak (Luftwaffe).

Thank you BlackCat1982! The dealer claims it belonged to that of a Luftwaffe Flak unit. Is the blue outer paint indicative of the can being issued Luftwaffe exclusively?

Quote by SpartanX9 View Post
    Thank you BlackCat1982! The dealer claims it belonged to that of a Luftwaffe Flak unit. Is the blue outer paint indicative of the can being issued Luftwaffe exclusively?
    Was looking at it on my phone and the colour of the canister wasn't that clear. If it is blue more than green then the dealer is correct in it being a Luftwaffe related unit.