Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Medicine Bag

Article about: I have found some information about this bag that it could be a field medicine bag but I am not sure. Any opinions? Is it worth buying? Thank you Best Regards Tuncer.

ATK
    ?

Default German Medicine Bag

I have found some information about this bag that it could be a field medicine bag but I am not sure. Any opinions? Is it worth buying?

Thank you

Best Regards

Tuncer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Medicine Bag   German Medicine Bag  

German Medicine Bag   German Medicine Bag  

German Medicine Bag   German Medicine Bag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Medicine Bag
    P
    Many

IMO, pre WW II.
    DRP means Deutsche Reichs Patent.
    Don't know what a "medicine bag" is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

ATK
    ?

As far as i know DRP was used until 1945 but the eagle looks like it was used before Third Reich. A friend of mine insisted that this was from the Nazi era, that was the thing that confused me.

It's obvious that i couldn't find the exact description for the bag .

Dear Ralph, thanks for you second reply tonight after the firefighters dress bayonet topic.

Regards
    Tuncer

This is the Weimar eagle, and was used before WW II.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

looks like a horsey thingy bag (mounted) not so sure about the markings there (44).. but hey I know nothing!

The marking Bayer Landesverband der Sattler - München certainly implies bother medical/pharmaceutical items and the style hints at mounted personnel as René has said. If the price is good medical kit is always worth grabbing.

?

used to carry horse shoes in it.

ATK
    ?

After a long thinking process, I've decided to buy it for a 100$. Thank you all...

Regards

Tuncer...

Quote by ATK View Post
    Any opinions?
    Hello.
    If you still have use for a late coming opinion I will say this : this bag / satchel looks rather weird to me.
    The big Reichswehr type eagle seems really out of place on a 1944 item, the rivets used to maintain the inner strap look rather messy, the inner buckle doesn't look military at all, the front closing strap with only one rivet and no stitching is atypical at best, and on top of that a 1944 satchel with brass D rings and rivets sounds completely unlikely.
    It should be either Pre-War or Late War, but certainly not both. With many of these features Pre-War would be the right answer, but if so why is it dated 1944 ? Frankly this object puzzles me and if there is a logical explanation behind all this I would be very interested to read it.

?

Hi ATK,
    glad to hear you decided to buy this somewhat mysterious pouch.
    There are a few standard medical pouches online with the same maker stamp as yours.
    I think Espenlaub Militaria have one for sale now and Lux had a set which has sold.
    I saw images of other of these regular medical pouches elsewhere.
    Interestingly every one of these was dated 1934 so I wonder if yours was incorrectly stamped?
    As I do not speak German I first associated Bayer in the stamp with the pharmaceutical company of that name but elsewhere I learned it is Bayer. which is the abbreviation of Bayerische,so the stamp on the rear roughly translates to Bavarian State Saddlers,Munich 1944.
    I have been unable to find other kinds of leather equipment with this stamp.
    They are not even on the only list of German Army M25 saddles I can find.
    In regards to the possible cavalry connection of this item it is not like the only horseshoe cases I have seen(still available to view at Collectors Guild)but I do tend to agree with Rene that it may be a Horsey Thing.
    TABSTABS1964 shows 2 interesting pouches that I do not know in posts 49 and 58 of his fine horse related thread
    My horse: Horses, carts, veterinarians and a few more things
    These may be connected to yours?
    It will be very interesting to see more pictures of yours especially the interior dividers and the sides of the pouch when you receive it.
    I wish I had information about the beautifully marked DRP information on the other stamp,I suspect that and the metal fittings do mean a manufacture around 1934 not 1944.
    Some of the regular medics pouches from this manufacturer have what looks like grey painted steel fittings which seems wrong for the date.
    I hope noone is repro stamping unusual original items and reenactor pieces with this mark.
    Please forgive my long post,I have been thinking about your pouch since you showed it and have been very interested in the thread so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast