Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting marking

Article about: Hi guys I recently purchased some German 16“ tall Jackboots from Austria, and I have not been able to figure out how to tell what year they were made, or the manufacturer. Inside the boots t

Default German WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting marking

Hi guys I recently purchased some German 16“ tall Jackboots from Austria, and I have not been able to figure out how to tell what year they were made, or the manufacturer. Inside the boots their is a series of numbers with one letter. I am friends with Patrick Shea from the ruptured duck company so I sent photos to him and he confirmed that they are indeed WW2 markings and not post-war. The only thing I can tell that was done to these boots was they were resoled sometime after the war meaning they most likely saw as much action as a German officer would see depending on how close he was to the front lines. Here is the series if numbers inside each boot with the spaces approximated 1 152 10 B30 21 7185. I am new to this forum and also am typing from my phone and am not sure how to post photos to the forum but if anyone is interested in helping I can always send you photos thank you so much!
    -bryce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting marking
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This thread should help you to understand how to post photos from your phone.
    Can I upload photos when I use my iPhone?
    It would really be helpful if you were to post the photos here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Photos of WW2 Officers Jackboots Markings!

Here are some photos of the markings!

Hello,
    If your friend Patrick can tell you that these markings are from WWII and not pre or postwar, IMO he also should be able to give you the manufacturer and year of production of these boots. All i can say to you concerning these markings is that they're not military markings as found in WWII german footwear. From the only view of these boots that you provided, i also can tell you that they're of a type of boots produced for at least 40 years (roughly 20s to 60s), so they have a chance to be from 1942, or 1957...
    Are they hard or soft shafted ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default German Jackboots

Hi Philip,
    I do not know if they are hard or soft shafted the leather is all pretty flexible I will include detailed photos of the boots here German WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting marking German WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting markingGerman WW2 Officers Jackboots interesting marking

Hello,
    From photos it's sometimes hard to say if a boot is hard or soft shafted (could be hard shafted tho). On the photo of your boot below, if the part of the shaft placed above the red line is as soft as the part placed underneath the red line, then it is a soft shafted boot. If it seems that the leather becomes like thicker above this red line, less supple, then it's a hard shafted boot.
    From these photos, it could be a pair of boots as used by a German Officer. If soft shafted, it was meant to be worn in combat and normal service, if hard shafted, normal service only...but as usual if one is looking for a photo of an Officer wearing hard shafted boots on the frontline, he may of course find some...
    But as i said in my previous post, this type of boot has been made for a long time, and many were used by german civilian riders in the all country.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Hi Philip,
    I tested out the softness of the leather and it appears to be a soft shafted boot

Hello,
    As you're the only one who can handle these boots, if you say they have a soft shaft, then they do...
    Considering the pegs on the sole that i did not talk about before, it increases the possibility of a 1930s to 1945 production...
    Considering also the lack of leather tab at the rear of the boot, they were not meant to have spurs on and would be ok with breeches without leather reinforcement at the seat (so any branch of service except Kavallerie)
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Hi Philip,
    Thank you so much for all the information, it makes me much more comfortable about my purchase of these boots.

Hello again,
    Nevertheless, i always encourage members to stick to regulation items. I too collect some Officer items and do have a mannequin depicting a German Officer, i always use regulation Reitstiefel (Cavalry boots) for "him"...they're tall, they can be worn with out without spurs, they're 100% military period and they're regulation...only good things to hear here...
    The rest is speculation as you saw it in this thread...
    As far as footwear is involved....Regulation guys, regulation...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :