Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

GM38 gasmask setup

Article about: Hello gents Got today meself a new setup of a complete GM38 latex gasmask complete with spare lenses, cloth and spannenring. Was kinda wondering about the manufacturer of the canister, its a

Default GM38 gasmask setup

Hello gents

Got today meself a new setup of a complete GM38 latex gasmask complete with spare lenses, cloth and spannenring.

Was kinda wondering about the manufacturer of the canister, its a prewar 1939 model stamped with WaA387 (maybe A. Waldhausen Köln (NW)?) and also about the Wehrmachtsabnahme on the Fe41 type filter, WaA476 (no luck finding that).
    Nozzle is made by onsel Werke A.-G, Meschede and the interior rubberised piece by bwz Auer-Gesellschaft AG, Werk Oranienburg.

On the bottom the name of the owner, typical german name but what about 526 ? Could that be his dog tag regimental number ? Puzzled about the 4182 number on the metallic muzzle, it ain't Feldpost for sure, maybe just equipment number ? It's been like scratched on it.

How about the straps, I believe they aren't BW postwar.

Cheers to all and thanks for your wisdom

P.S : click on the thumbnails for a larger version

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GM38 gasmask setup
    P
    Many

straps look good and really nice tidy complete set showing just the right amount of wear.sorry can't help with your other questions.

The volcano style maker mark is still an unknown manufacturer as far as I’m aware.

Nice set!

MAP
    ?

Picture hosting sites are not allowed. Please post photos directly to the forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello MAP

Yes, sorry about that. I've rescaled the photos and uploaded them via website.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GM38 gasmask setup   GM38 gasmask setup  

GM38 gasmask setup   GM38 gasmask setup  

Bump

Hofmann 526 could be the owners surname and his Stammrollnummer. 4182 could also be a rollnummer, there's no way to say for sure whether the items got mixed up.

Hello,
    That's a very decent GM set, everything is ok from the photos.
    526 means that this canister received the 526th GM issued in the unit the soldier served in.
    For the Gasmask, its canister may have received the same number (4182).
    When ? who ? those questions have no answer.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you gents for your kind answers. Any luck in finding out the Waa's ? WaA387 (maybe A. Waldhausen Köln (NW)?) and also about the Wehrmachtsabnahme on the Fe41 type filter, WaA476 ? Cheers