Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"

Article about: I traded for this lot from a fellow in Aachen. The backpack is heavy duty and dated 1938. Inside of it was what looks like a flashlight where you could change the color from clear to red or

Default Re: Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"

This grouping is suddenly far more interesting to me than it was to start with. I didn't know that these types of helmets were ever used in any combat type situation and when I seen the kind of helmet coupled with the paint I automatically figured it was recently redone but when i look at the paint over close it looks to be old. Of course I am as green as they get so my opinion at this point doesn't count for much but it seems the rust has come after the paint. I also got to thinking that if somebody was going to repaint one of these wouldn't they try to do a good job? Vs. if it was period done by a member of a flak crew just trying to better camo himself it wouldn't have mattered so much.. I traded for this group of items but they guy who traded it to me told me it all came from one German vetern who was quite young but still served in a flak crew. I think the little box of shrapnel lends good evidence that he really may have seen some action though. Anyhow, thanks for all the input on the grouping, I appreciate it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heavy duty backpack filled with "stuff"
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2