Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help identify repro Y - straps.

Article about: Hello. I recently bought these M40 / late war Y - straps from a dealer who sells film prop items. I bought them as reproductions (cost £30) to enhance a mannequin that I have. I am, however

Default Help identify repro Y - straps.

Hello. I recently bought these M40 / late war Y - straps from a dealer who sells film prop items. I bought them as reproductions (cost £30) to enhance a mannequin that I have. I am, however, curious about where they came from and when they may have been made as they do not look like modern reproductions. They have been used at some point as there is a decent amount of wear and tear to them, perhaps in a film production. They are made from three different colored webbing - the shoulder straps almost look like British 37 pattern webbing, the longer straps are slightly darker and the two straps for the backpack are darker still. Some of the metal work has been painted a gray color, the rest of the metalwork looks like steel covered in a zinc or nickel coating. There are no markings anywhere. Are they perhaps post war Czech issue? Thanks for any help or ideas.

My mannequin with reproduction tunic and genuine (except Y - straps) equipment. That is a Heer buckle, not SS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identify repro Y - straps.
    P
    Many

Hello,
    You bought these Y-straps as reproductions and this is exactly what they are.
    Don't know what i could add, nothing i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Are they perhaps post war Czech issue?
    Hello.
    With these D rings and mismatched materials that isn't even a remote possibility.
    This is a rather cheap looking reproduction, nothing more, the worn out look being something that you can easily obtain with a little time and the right tools.

Hello,
    Alexander : below you can see the type of webbing expected on original tropical/late war Y-straps.
    The difference is obvious i guess...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Just as an aside,the metal fittings on the auxiliary(backpack) straps look like they belong to East German Y straps.
    I can't see any Czech connection here either.
    Thanks for posting them and as a "budget" collector I like your mannequin also.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identify repro Y - straps.