Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

help with name on gasmask

Article about: I have this gas mask i bought today. I think the name on it is kurt jendges but I'm not sure. Even the guy I bought it from wasn't sure. So came here to see if I was correct or not. And woul

?

Default help with name on gasmask

help with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmaskhelp with name on gasmask

I have this gas mask i bought today. I think the name on it is kurt jendges but I'm not sure. Even the guy I bought it from wasn't sure. So came here to see if I was correct or not. And would like to know if there's anything special about the one I have.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with name on gasmask
    P
    Many

Quote by j3356 View Post
    I think the name on it is kurt jendges but I'm not sure. Even the guy I bought it from wasn't sure.
    Yes, it is "Kurt Jendges".

Hello,
    This is a decent Gasmask set. The canister is lacking its carrying straps, the cloth and spring at the bottom, but you can find some on the internet, especially the straps. It retained most of its factory paint, which is a good thing. The Gasmask itself was produced by bwz (Auer, Orianenburg) from 1943 as it includes blue painted metal parts indicating that it might contain ferrous metal that can distrurb compass users. The size is 2, the lower being 3, the higher is 1. The filter is the common FE41
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you for the information. Also I spent 120 on it. Do you think that was a good deal?

Not a common name, a long shot perhaps but could this be the previous owner?
    Anzeige von Kurt Jendges | trauer.rp-online.de

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Not a common name, a long shot perhaps but could this be the previous owner?
    Anzeige von Kurt Jendges | trauer.rp-online.de
    Theoretically, it is possible. For what it's worth, the obituary in his parrish newsletter tells us that Father Jendges was drafted in late March 1945 and became a POW in early May 1945.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mzsak4Um2clnY0

The late-war production date of the mask and good condition of the canister would fit the timeframe and brevity of his service.

But of course, this may well be a mere coincidence and it could be a different Kurt Jendges altogether. We'll never know.

Quote by j3356 View Post
    Also I spent 120 on it. Do you think that was a good deal?

Hello,
    It really depends of the currency that you're talking about....if it's 120 rupees, then you made the greatest deal ever....and i want the address....if it's in Euro, $ or £, then the deal is not great anymore, IMO it's a bit high considering the lack of carrying straps, cloth and spring. If you're happy with it that's the most important...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Sorry. I forgot to put the $ sign.

Quote by j3356 View Post
    Sorry. I forgot to put the $ sign.
    I think $120 is an ok price, you are unlikely to get the retaining spring or certainly not a Maskenspanner spring included for that price.

Hello,
    I did not talk about the Maskenspanner which is a collectable item of its own, but the spring that retains the cloth at the bottom of the canister is rather cheap when you can find it. The main problem here is the lack of carrying straps...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :