Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

HJ and SS Black canteen covers

Article about: Hello! I have a question - whether there were black covers for canteens for HJ and SS? J. Angolia, in his book "Hitler Youth", wrote that the early HJ canteen covers were black. Is

HJ and SS Black canteen coversIf memory serves, the LAH at a very early date wore field grey. It is in Beaver and diverges from Mollo.
    But I also think that the contemporaries mixed these colors, as well.
    They are quite different, but there you are. An unending story and not always a useful one unless you can find one of the very few extant
    pieces.

The point of all of this play of color was the political insistence by the army that it was the sole bearer of arms in the state, i.e. it had the monopoly
    on military power, even though, plainly, the SSVT and SSTV eroded this prerogative from 1934 onward.

The armed SS units had the domestic security role as the paramilitary force from 1934-1938. This distinction was eventually worn down after 1938
    with the general mobilization. Read Wegner and Mueller...

It helps to know the organizational context with these things, otherwise it is all just Greek.
    It is also in Mollo more or less. It is not really in Beaver, which is one of my gripes with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ and SS Black canteen covers
    P
    Many

I read this book forty years ago when I got my firstHJ and SS Black canteen covers SSVT black tunic, which I still own.

I know nothing about field equipment of the HJ in any detail. That is not my thing. There is a fine collection of NSKK and some HJ being auctioned
    in California, USA now. Look at Grenadier Military Antiques.

FB, Thank you again for your detailed answer!
    Yes, I have seen your opinion about Mollo and Beaver books in other topics on the forum.

Best regards, Michael

Quote by dimmuborgir95 View Post
    FB, Thank you again for your detailed answer!
    Yes, I have seen your opinion about Mollo and Beaver books in other topics on the forum.

Best regards, Michael
    Beaver assembles a group of uniforms, and these are not really in context or in some coherent order.
    That is, a random group of uniforms has survived among the leading US collectors and this selection is the basis
    of what are otherwise useful books. I have no idea whether these books are easily at hand in Russia. They
    are sold elsewhere in Europe, and part of Mollo is on line.

The best militaria books come from Bavaria-Austria and set the highest standard. I am sure I do some injustice to Russian sources,
    but I note that many Russian sites reuse the data from here, which is fine with me. We put it here to it is used. Especially
    by young people. We young people engaged in things of their history. That's the point of all of this effort.

Hi all,
    I would like to return to this interesting topic about SS covers.

In "Uniformen Markt" (1 June 1936), I saw a small note, where it is written that members of fire brigades can buy SS -canteens and SS- bread bags at points of sale RZM.
    Who can tell me what this is connected with? For what reason firemans can buy and use the SS equipment?

Best regards, Michael

HJ and SS Black canteen covers

I would imagine it is down to the colour?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I do not have any variants, I do not know.

?

Default HJ Canteen?

A older thread but is this a HJ canteen, looks like the one in post 13 which Saris wrote is a grey-brown mixed material from 1938, canteen below is dated 1939, Best Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ and SS Black canteen covers   HJ and SS Black canteen covers  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5