Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

HRE 33 Canteen

Article about: Another addition or more of a completion, I recently found the cup to finish this example off. Although not perfect it makes for a great place holder until I’m lucky enough to find a good

Default HRE 33 Canteen

Another addition or more of a completion, I recently found the cup to finish this example off. Although not perfect it makes for a great place holder until I’m lucky enough to find a good matching 1933 canteen.

The body is all HRE 33 marked and also has marking the the Reichs Bahn which is something very uncommon on canteens, a shame it’s in such poor condition. The cup which I added is unfortunately a relic but non the less very interesting and matches fairly well. Of course it’s uncommon as a 33 date and the maker HRE wasn’t super common this early usually it’s ESB. What I like the most are the brass handles, something I’ve personally not seen before.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

HRE 33 CanteenHRE 33 Canteen
    HRE 33 CanteenHRE 33 CanteenHRE 33 CanteenHRE 33 Canteen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HRE 33 Canteen
    P
    Many

?

Hi Bodhi,
    Your purchases are always interesting and your photos are among the best on the forum.

Thank you very much I really do appreciate it!

Hello,
    That's a very decent example of the Feldflasche 31 from the Reichsheer period.
    This canteen has seen the change of status of the german army from Reichswehr to Wehrmacht that followed the change of political regime and has seen the fall of the Third Reich, survived all these years until now, still in good shape...congrats for giving a good home to this veteran. This guy desserves a good place among your canteens. Some write "if it could talk" i'm sure this canteen would have plenty of good stories to tell...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks JP! I agree this guy does make for quite the survivor and a nice early one. I’m sure it’s got a good story!