Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ink stamp on P38 holster

Article about: Hello I recently purchased this soft shell 'Police' P38 holster. It is one of the examples that came from Russian storage some years ago. There is a faint ink stamp on the inner flap and I w

Default Ink stamp on P38 holster

Hello

I recently purchased this soft shell 'Police' P38 holster. It is one of the examples that came from Russian storage some years ago.

There is a faint ink stamp on the inner flap and I wonder if anyone can identify it. It seems to be, perhaps, the letters OPLA over a bird. None of the holster from Russia that I have seen have had such a mark and I wonder if it denotes possible use in post war / Cold War Eastern Europe?

Thanks for any help.

Ink stamp on P38 holster
    Ink stamp on P38 holster
    Ink stamp on P38 holster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ink stamp on P38 holster
    P
    Many

I believe I can read the RBNr as 0/0833/0007 which is for the maker Hans Romer at Neu-Ulm (Donau) who had a long association in supplying German Police with leather made goods, including P38 holsters. I have one of the unissued ones that ended up in Russia (also a Romer). Your's appears to have had usage and I suspect was used by Polizei either during the war or after in DDR. The stamp, I can't help, but East Germany did have a film industry that made wartime films, and it could be a wardrobe stamp if not some other organization post WW2. Nice example.