Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KM painted shipboard grey Canister for review.

Article about: Hi guys does the paint scheme look genuine and period,?looks like old paint but am unsure as to whether it's a wartime done camo or much more recent,to my eyes it certainly looks correct,but

Hello,
    As the carrying straps are not german WWII, i highly suspect the paint of the canister to be the same
    I handled a very small amount of genuine KM grey painted canisters in my collecting life and the grey was not the same as the one seen here.
    IMO it was postwar repainted, given new carrying straps and reissued to firefighters or passive defense members.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM painted shipboard grey Canister for review.
    P
    Many

Also no-one has yet commented on the ink stamp on the spare lens compartment ..... very suspect!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Also no-one has yet commented on the ink stamp on the spare lens compartment ..... very suspect!
    I did not comment just because i realized it was there after i did read your comment. After watching the photo which shows the ink stamp, i don't like it.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Ok think that's me back to the drawing board again but will continue in my quest,thanks Jphilip your wisdom and experience is worth so much,always wanted to ask about the straps,Toms website doesn't cover them more the canister's and masks themselves,is there a link or somewhere for me to compare originals with postwar variants/repro's.?thanks again always worth posting here firstly,glad i did.

Jake, could you tell me : what is the year of production of this canister ? thanks
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2