Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser K98's

Article about: I went to a local gun show the other day and found some nice WW2 militaria as well as some nice German guns. The prices for the militaria and guns seemed a little pricey to me, especially fo

Default Mauser K98's

I went to a local gun show the other day and found some nice WW2 militaria as well as some nice German guns. The prices for the militaria and guns seemed a little pricey to me, especially for a gun show, so I decided to pass on everything. I've been wanting to purchase a WW1 or WW2 German gun for a while now and was curious if anyone could provide me with some information on the Mauser K98. I've tried to do some research but have found prices from $400-$5000 online so am a little confused on what a fair price for a WW2 K98 should go for Any information would be appreciated as I'm a little confused on what causes such a huge price difference with these rifles.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mauser K98's
    P
    Many

Also, If anyone would like to share any photos of your K98 It'd be much appreciated (I think there's a thread for this but I cant seem to find it for some reason )

MAP
    ?

I haven't bought a K98 in many many years. But I think an all matching, non import K98 would go for $1.2k and up. This is all I got to show...... (2nd from the right. double click to enlarge. High Rez photo)

Mauser K98's
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi CH
    Many parts to the K98. All interchangeable. Bolts are so often non-matching. Find one that is 100% #'s matching, yeah you're going to PAY. My last one I bought a few years ago was all #'s matching except the bolt, Luft marked on the stock in good+ condition, BYF 41' for $600 at the Allentown, PA. show. $5000... ?? Don't know what that would have been or why so much.

?

Hey Chris,

They can run the hill up and down on value. Here are links to my rifles per your request.

K98 - All Matching - with Bringback papers and bayonet K98 Mauser 1942.coll

G.33/40 - All Matching with DOT Bayonet - Mountain Carbine - G.33-40 Carbine DOT 41

G.29o - Luftwaffe Issue - 1939 - G.29O - Luft Steyr Mauser - Only small blemish is the Mismatched Bolt but a hard one to find in this condition. The known serial number range for the 1938 dated G29 (O) is from 833 to 5995a, with an estimated production run of 20,000 rifles. The known serial number range for the 1939 dated rifles is from 48 to 7754b, with an estimated production run of 30,000 rifles.

It really comes down to the rifles rarity, how well marked or non-import marked, matching bolts, cleaning rods, bore rating, sling/no sling and overall condition. I have one with bring back papers, all matching right down to cleaning rod that is pretty mint and the bayonet it came how with too. The veteran very lightly sanded it and put a light varnish on it. Some don’t mind that but I do. Kind of like untouched and original. Still bought it as the bluing is minty and the capture paper, cleaning rod and other features made it worth it to me and knowing the family. So to the question. Anywhere from $1000 to $ $3000.00 which is a big range for a really good one. Seems as if values in my opinion have come down in last 3-5 years.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank y'all for the information and pictures! I'm fairly new to collecting and have yet to purchase a gun so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of information, but this one caught my eye. Am I missing something as it seems like a very low and reasonable price to me?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/705626186

Mauser K98'sMauser K98'sMauser K98'sMauser K98's

?

I believe it is because it is a 'russian capture' and rework.
    That is the russians captured THOUSANDS of these and reworked them all, just as they did their own weapons.
    So it is reblued and (likely) mixed parts.

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    I believe it is because it is a 'russian capture' and rework.
    That is the russians captured THOUSANDS of these and reworked them all, just as they did their own weapons.
    So it is reblued and (likely) mixed parts.
    Absolutely correct!
    It's an RC mixed batch of reworked parts and it would be your basic entry into the K98 club. They make for a good shooter /display K98 but have little collector value, But that being said these have gone up in price since they came out.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Absolutely correct!
    It's an RC mixed batch of reworked parts and it would be your basic entry into the K98 club. They make for a good shooter /display K98 but have little collector value, But that being said these have gone up in price since they came out.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    So it was German made, then captured by the Russians and had some of its parts changed/replaced? Just want to confirm I'm following, thank y'all both for the replies!

MAP
    ?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    So it was German made, then captured by the Russians and had some of its parts changed/replaced? Just want to confirm I'm following, thank y'all both for the replies!
    Correct.

As Phil said, this example is a "shooter" not a collector grade rifle. But as a "shooter" you still need to make sure the bore / rifling is still in good shape.

If you look at the 3rd photo, you can just see the electro pencil marks on the bolt. Another sure sign of an RC
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast