Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940

Article about: Just picked these up.from older collection any comments fork and spoon are marked .iam not updated on these type of items THANKS.

Default Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940

Just picked these up.from older collection any comments fork and spoon are marked .iam not updated on these type of items THANKS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940   Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940  

Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940   Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940  

Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mess kit spoon knife fork set dated 1940
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice set to me. TWS stands for Thomas Wielputz Solingen which is often seen fully spelled out on the knife. Not sure if this changed over the years. So can not say if the knife is matching to the set. Unless someone has a 1940 set to compare to.

Not uncommon to find these a bit mismatched. But still all pieces appear to be original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well least peroid correct.iam not lucky get matching set.maybe find one day .its a job itself searching for items of ww2 every weekend I go house sales community sales looking for ww2 memorbilia like a part time job .thanks alot MAP stay healthy

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jonathan 1980luger View Post
    Well least peroid correct.iam not lucky get matching set.maybe find one day .its a job itself searching for items of ww2 every weekend I go house sales community sales looking for ww2 memorbilia like a part time job .thanks alot MAP stay healthy
    It could be a matching set. Others probably know more about variations and such. I've just seen other TWS sets with the makers name on the blade.

But even if not matching it is a period original piece. I do not think it is a stretch to think that these got mixed up during the war between soldiers. Probably the "New Guy" to the squad was tasked with cleaning the utensils and mixed them up! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My grandparents summer cottage 1970~ made, has similar utensils, without crows.

At least i know now how old style those camping sets are.

Next I need lufftwaffa set.harder to find I think

Hello.
    As said before it is a period item.
    This kind of set was available to soldiers via private purchase, so there are a lot of known variations available today to collectors.
    Some are very close to the later Bundeswehr model, others like yours are locking into the can-bottle opener pins, some sets have all of the cuttlery marked, other do not, there are variations in the shape of the knife, of the spoon and even more of the fork, an interesting one being similar to the NVA 4 pieces set with shorter central tines and made by Colsmann & Co in Werdohl among other makers.

Thank you sir.getting luffwaffa set soon.post photos of them