Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mint Boxed Messkit, Good or Bad

Article about: Hello all, normally I wouldn’t post a mess kit for authentication but with one that’s boxed and mint I will always be a little suspicious probably for no reason. It is being sold as a Si

Default Mint Boxed Messkit, Good or Bad

Hello all, normally I wouldn’t post a mess kit for authentication but with one that’s boxed and mint I will always be a little suspicious probably for no reason. It is being sold as a Simplified M44 mess kit and to me is at a good price. I want to pull the trigger on this but would greatly appreciate some more opinions.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi E.

Mint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or BadMint Boxed Messkit, Good or Bad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Boxed Messkit, Good or Bad
    P
    Many

?

Can't comment on authenticity, but it is a very nice looking set !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Are there any markings on it?
    I thought they used the same type post war.

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

I have a wartime and post-war and they are both marked on the panhandle hinge and handle mounts.

Their are no markings on the mess kit from it’s one of the main reasons I posted it. The seller says they can’t say it it’s war time made or post war made, I was hoping it’s possible to tell the difference but if not I’ll pass on it.

Their are no markings on the mess kit it’s one of the main reasons I posted it. The seller says they can’t say it it’s war time made or post war made, I was hoping it’s possible to tell the difference but if not I’ll pass on it.

(Sorry This Posted twice)

To me it looks like the set used by the Bundeswehr, but they did have markings. Mine is buried ATM, so I can't tell you for sure. I know there have been repros made, maybe this is one of those, seeing as to no markings. One of these days I want to use mine on a camping trip.

As others have said, it really should be marked wartime or post-war. The post war items usually have just maker marks and no year so they often get passed off as wartime. However many of the post-war pieces are marked BGS for Bundesgrenzschutz and some "Bund" although that is debated.

This to me looks like post- war (quite recent manufacture) intended for boy scouts to airsoft to re-enactors and I wouldn't be surprised if it came from China. I really don't think this has ever been anywhere near any army let alone the Wehrmacht and I am sure that when considered objectively the price will reflect that (if not then that is double the doubt). It looks like it was made this morning!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello thank you all for the help, I have turned my attention away from this and to a set of items that I think I will purchase. It’s a named set with an M31 Bread Bag, M31 Canteen and (I believe) an Italian Mess Kit repurposed by the German Army. It’s a little rough but I like it.

Mint Boxed Messkit, Good or Bad

Cheers and thanks for the help,
    Bodhi E.

?

Hi Bodhi,wondering if you can post the link for the messtin if you are not interested.
    Many thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast