Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My "new" German Signal Radio (Fernmeldetornister) Tornister, Sachs & Deisselberg, 1940

Article about: Hello, I'm new to this forum but it seems like a very knowledgeable site so I wanted to join. I had picked up a MG34.. then the different ammo cans, drums, AA, lafette, gunner's pouch etc..

Ryo
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    OK. But I will post tomorrow - it is almost 1 am here! I will post photos of an empty pack and full one. The one listed here has been heavily cut up. It is a typical post war modification. Neil
    That would be amazing to see.. quite impressive to have a full set.

You mentioned mine being heavily cut up, other than the vertical leather pouch being missing, what else might be missing/cut up? I figured it was only the pouch that was missing based on photos I've seen.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My "new" German Signal Radio (Fernmeldetornister) Tornister, Sachs & Deisselberg, 1940
    P
    Many

A period photo showing Tornister 1 and 3 contents. Note the shelf units for reels, attached cabling poles and the leather pocket for the Abspuler device. These components are all missing from your example. Neil
    My "new" German Signal Radio (Fernmeldetornister) Tornister, Sachs & Deisselberg, 1940

Ryo
    ?

If you go to Fernmeldetornister - der-Fernmelder.de, you'll see they have tons of photos. I think in the example photo I had, they left the poles in the pouch.

So the hacked up part your mentioning was just the pouch being removed or more than that?

Oh yeah. I forgot to thank you for confirming the fur being cow fur. I read different sources and it seems like it was cow was the likely material for this tornister.

Not exactly kit that fitted in these tornisters, but I have this very clean hand reel that the signal troops would have used ......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My "new" German Signal Radio (Fernmeldetornister) Tornister, Sachs & Deisselberg, 1940   My "new" German Signal Radio (Fernmeldetornister) Tornister, Sachs & Deisselberg, 1940  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ryo
    ?

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2