Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Article about: Hi guys, just wanted to show this unexpected find from a Family Day event at a local museum. There was exactly one militaria seller at the event, and I was pleasantly surprised to spot this

"I don't care what you play, just play it loud", (with apologies to Robin Williams)

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 1937 LW ammo pouch   Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch   Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

Attached Images Attached Images Named 1937 LW ammo pouch 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named 1937 LW ammo pouch
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    You were right, something like $35 for this one is a good deal, it's an early one, it was used but not abused, the prewar chocolate brown leather is a top one, it has a trio of markings/features that make the item even greater, not a bad choice from your side if i'm asked. After i told about the mapcase, of course i started to wonder about its faith and if i still have it. The answer is yes, but it took me half an hour to find it. In my memories it was just brown, but the leather is also chocolate brown, it's a mapcase 35/37 with alu buckle and markings is from I. Batterie of Flakregiment 26.
    Thanks

Edit : PS : i'm losing my mind, i forgot to mention that next to the mapcase i found an ammo pouch also from the Luftwaffe, and also marked from the same regiment : III. Batterie of Flak Regt 26
    It's chocolate brown, made in 1939; The condition is very good for both items, i totally forgot i had the ammo pouch, it's sometimes good to have boxes to store what can't be used on display, some forgotten items, forgotten because not seen since the last time the box was opened. Glad you got the ammo pouch, glad i got my two items back on display in a cabinet.
    Thank you very much for the fascinating messages JP, most interesting indeed. What an excellent outcome in that case, I'm happy to hear I was accidentally able to help you find the pouch! Perhaps you could show the items here some day?

CSW
    ?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Speaking of Flak Regiment 26....
    That is a gorgeous Flak cap, thanks a lot for showing it! I'll have to admit I had seen the thread on that one before and always liked the piece a lot. Very beautiful!

Quote by CSW View Post
    Thank you very much for the fascinating messages JP, most interesting indeed. What an excellent outcome in that case, I'm happy to hear I was accidentally able to help you find the pouch! Perhaps you could show the items here some day?

Hello,
    Here they are, Luftwaffe mapcase and ammo pouch...isn't this chocolate brown leather wonderful...
    If i'm not mistaking that's the first time i take photos of these items, that's crazy when i think about that fact, i do have the ammo pouch since around 2002 and the mapcase in 2004...Hope you like them
    Thanks

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

CSW
    ?

Absolutely beautiful! I really do like the color and the markings, of course. Very fascinating to have such pieces marked to the same Regiment. Thank you for taking the time to share these with us!

Quote by CSW View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! I really do like the color and the markings, of course. Very fascinating to have such pieces marked to the same Regiment. Thank you for taking the time to share these with us!
    Hello,
    Thank you for your comment. This color is in my top five for ammo pouches or even for other leather items, my favourite is what i call "fresh butter" color, as seen on the ammo pouch designed for the tropical uniform, in very light brown leather.

About markings, yes it's great and satisfying to assemble items from the same unit, as usual i'm lucky and unlucky at the same time, Heer is my main interest, while i also like the infantry from the Luftwaffe like a Felddivision, especially those involved on the Normandie Front. I used to own two items from the Göring division, a fully marked white collarless shirt in brand new condtion and a leather belt on which i had added for my personal use and pleasure a close to mint alu buckle with tab. An american friend of mine had a beautiful Tuchrock from this formation, so i sent him the shirt as a gift for Christmas and received nice photos of reunited goodies... i traded the belt without the buckle to a Luftwaffe guy and asked and received a brand new mess kit i knew he had and also a mint yellow web tropical belt...both late war. There must be something with the Luftwaffe items. Not so long ago i went through all my Zeltbahnen because of a thread, to check something out....and i found again a Zelt that i had totally forgot about and of course it's Luftwaffe...1938 dated and from the Luftnachrichten-Regiment 3 "Legion Condor"...not something one should forget !

As i said, boxes are great, it's surprise after surprise, you forget you own something or you believe you sold or traded it....NO, just open the boxes. While you look for something you handle the items around and make discoveries...For 12 years i wondered where a belt loop was, i had a real pair and couldn't find one of them, one day i was looking for WWI belts and found the missing belt loop when it fell from inside an ankle boot....life takes but life also gives back...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

CSW
    ?

Hi guys!

I finally found a nice brown 1939 LBA-marked belt to attach to my 1939 alu buckle - they look fairly good with the slightly earlier pouch as well. I'm now starting to wonder if it would be entirely illegal to perhaps display such an early set on a 1943 Flak EM Fliegerbluse...

Named 1937 LW ammo pouch

That’s a very nice set you’ve got going! Now you need another ammo pouch

Great looking choc ammo pouch and an even greater price too congrats and top info supplied from Bob too.and yes Bodhi your right can never have enough ammo pouches can you bud.........

This is the tan set of pouches that I have, they are RB numbered, so could have been worn by anyone...

(the W-SS Zelt isn't mine, the ammo pouch photos are from the guy I got them from)

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named 1937 LW ammo pouch   Named 1937 LW ammo pouch  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2