Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New find help!!

Article about: by pammy thanks steve,i realy thank you for everything,and no matter what i will hang on to them..luckly there was nothing at the aution i forgot my camera..there was one badge i posted it a

Default Re: New find help!!

Pammy, it seems to me that with ALL of the excellent EXPENSIVE militaria you have been showing since your first post, that keeping both together like I have suggested earlier in the thread, and that many others have suggested, should not be a big problem for you.

You seem to be maybe a little confused about the framing of these nice "vet bringbacks" ? If the stories you have mentioned about the little old vet, and where, and when he obtained them in this bunker are true, then this information should be written, or typed on a piece of paper, and kept with the signs, inside of the frame. Otherwise the story will be lost to time like so many other objects we collect.

As for frames, if you go to wal-mart and look at the many frames, you can get a couple, or one larger frame very, very cheaply. You just put them inside, hang on the wall and enjoy them.

As for what something is worth on the collector market, I have found that things are actually worth...... what someone will pay you for it when you ready, and want to sell it. That is the "worth" of the signs. You can run a two week auction on Gunbroker, or another site, and see what people are willing to spend, or maybe you can list them here and see. If you run an auction listing, you can always set a reserve price of what YOU feel it is worth, and see what happens.
    Again, my personal opinion..... I would not break the pair up.

Regards, Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New find help!!
    P
    Many

?

steve,of corse the story is true,as i have no reason to lie abought it,as i guess people do make up stories but even with out the story these are pretty neat items and i thank you for your opinion and help.as for money iam not well off as iam on disability and i only get an item usualy at astate sales and autions..there is a few rare times that i splurged and bought a nice sword but i still got that for i feel was a great price?and i do think you are right and i thank you as i will keep them until need be..meaning if i need money for an emergancey of something.but belive me this stuff can realy get out of control witch i belive it is..but now it seams like the ww2 things are finding me ,as i just been getting lucky and that will run out iam sure..well nice to here from you and i will just enjoy them for now!

Quote by pammy View Post
    steve,of corse the story is true,as i have no reason to lie abought it,as i guess people do make up stories but even with out the story these are pretty neat items
    Hi Pammy, I would never call you a liar, I just meant that sometimes Old Vets, and Old People do not always remember correctly "exactly" the things that happened over 65 years ago. Sometimes they embellish the stories a little also. I too am disabled....semi disabled, and also live on a budget. Sometimes though I find things I have to get, and the credit cards start coming out

This is fantastic that all these nice things are just coming your direction. By all means buy them if they are cheap, or under market value. Then you can decide to keep or sell it for a profit probably.
    I have found over the years of my collecting, that you must kind of "Focus" on things that really interest you, otherwise you may be able to see what can happen to your home. If you have a large home, (which I do not, just medium-small) you can collect more stuff until you run out of room!!!

Keep up the good finds! Good luck!

Regards, Steve

?

hi steve,yeah i know what you are talking abought.my home is a small ranch but its home.the vet has a ww1 brown helmet he said was austrila ?the linners is only a little bit there as most is gone ,but the brown paint is very nice it has a great look to it,but money is kinda funny but at the same time dont want to let it go..does anyone or do you know the going rate for a ww1 australia helmet lets just say no linner as most of it gone but no rust just a great helmet i think ,i caught my eye before the two sighns did as he was showing me somethings....i think i can get it for $250 he wanted $350 but i hope he keeps it a bit longer as i dont have any helmets and at this time no money...well thanks and wasent sure as like i said when typing /writting its sometimes hard to read as you can never take most things to the heart...you guys are great and will post pictures if i do get the helmet...pammy

?

oh,found this frame at goodwill for $3.00 should i get acid free paper for behind it?or is the paper thats there now fine?the brown one i will leave in the original butterfly case as the tinnie raises it a bit at when the glass has pressure on it ,thats not good .so its more flexable were it was for all these years!!!here is the hermen gering one if thats the correct name/dont know if iam saying/writting that right or not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New find help!!  

?

just wanted to post a picture of the back and the corners before it went into frame.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New find help!!   New find help!!  

?

corner..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New find help!!  

?

hi,i sent out some e-mails to a few different high end dealers abappears that these Standarte must have been printed on a masonite board and possibly used to decorate the offices that fell within their colors. none has seen these before,as they do make them pretty valuble but to how much hard to say at the lest $200 each thats the lowest they would be worth but could go much much higher . .,just my opinon if the ss posters are bringing $600-$1200 and the stander flags up up up there$$ these should be in the $500-$1000 ..well its just what one wants to pay...i will have to go to one of the big military shows and bring these with me ...thanks guys i just got bored and thought i would jump on !!were are you at steven?nothing at the sale...
    Last edited by pammy; 05-07-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Quote by pammy View Post
    hi,i sent out some e-mails to a few different high end dealers abappears that these Standarte must have been printed on a masonite board and possibly used to decorate the offices that fell within their colors. none has seen these before,as they do make them pretty valuble but to how much hard to say at the lest $200 each thats the lowest they would be worth but could go much much higher . .,just my opinon if the ss posters are bringing $600-$1200 and the stander flags up up up there$$ these should be in the $500-$1000 ..well its just what one wants to pay...i will have to go to one of the big military shows and bring these with me ...thanks guys i just got bored and thought i would jump on !!were are you at steven?nothing at the sale...
    They are worth quite alot, Pam, but go to any of the shows
    with the intention of finding the values only......

Don't be too hasty !

Regards, Steve.

?

thanks steve,i realy thank you for everything,and no matter what i will hang on to them..luckly there was nothing at the aution i forgot my camera..there was one badge i posted it already but the pin is missing..how much with out the pin?thanks i will let you look at it as i posted another from a site its not that one but one like it..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast