Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942

Article about: Good eve, folks! Id like to show off my new A-Frame. Pretty standard, textbook Wehrmacht A-frame in very good condition. Complete with all hooks and leather straps (including the "3-loo

Default New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942

Good eve, folks! Id like to show off my new A-Frame.

Pretty standard, textbook Wehrmacht A-frame in very good condition. Complete with all hooks and leather straps (including the "3-loop" mess kit strap.)
    Although it's a bit hard to read in the picture, the frame is stamped "G. Genschow & Co, A.G., Berlin, 1942".

This is my second Frame so far, and it's in a bit better shape than my other one with a more legible makers mark and date, nice supple leather and overall better condition canvas - so I'm very pleased to have this one.

Enjoy!

New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942

They're multiplying!

New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-Frame - G. Genschow & Co, 1942
    P
    Many

Hello,
    That's a nice example, congrats and thanks for sharing with us...
    Now that you have found a better continental A-frame, why not trying to get a tropical one ?
    I would sell the other A-frame to raise some cash for the tropical example. I almost followed the same rule all my collecting life concerning rare and valuable items, once an item has been upgraded, the less attractive one has to go, for two reasons :
    1 : to raise funds for the next important purchase
    2 : to give someone else the opportunity to own a rare and valuable item
    I have done this many times for several types of items, but never for A-frames as i have bought only three A-frames and all of them are different : continental, early tropical and usual tropical.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    That's a nice example, congrats and thanks for sharing with us...
    Now that you have found a better continental A-frame, why not trying to get a tropical one ?
    I would sell the other A-frame to raise some cash for the tropical example. I almost followed the same rule all my collecting life concerning rare and valuable items, once an item has been upgraded, the less attractive one has to go, for two reasons :
    1 : to raise funds for the next important purchase
    2 : to give someone else the opportunity to own a rare and valuable item
    I have done this many times for several types of items, but never for A-frames as i have bought only three A-frames and all of them are different : continental, early tropical and usual tropical.
    Thanks
    Thanks for having a look, JP. I always appreciate your input.

Like they say, "great minds think alike", as I also tend to pass along an item once I find myself an upgrade. I'm considering doing this, as there are plenty of things I'd like to fund or trade for on my list.

My other idea was to use the slightly less-desirable A-Frame on a display - I'm thinking I might strap it to an "Affe" and make a complete M39 Tornister load-out, complete with kochgeschirr, A-Frame bag, zeltbahn, blanket - the works. I think it would make a great mannequin display.

I'll have to mull the idea over, but I'm sure I'll decide something soon. Thanks again for taking the time to comment!