Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

please help determine this thing.

Article about: hello friends recently a friend brought me this thing, I searched variously on the internet and in books but I could not determine. Therefore please ask for advice. all i know is - DOV : Zbr

?

Default please help determine this thing.

hello friends recently a friend brought me this thing, I searched variously on the internet and in books but I could not determine. Therefore please ask for advice. all i know is - DOV : Zbrojovka Vsetín. Thank you in advance for every commentplease help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement please help determine this thing.
    P
    Many

I am not sure, but it looks like a machine lathe attachment for determining if a round piece is out of round and by how much. If I am correct, the device is attached to a lathe with tip of the conical end of the rod touching the surface of the round piece to be measured. As the round pieced turns, the measuring device moves laterally toward the left end of the lathe, the conical tip lightly touching the surface as it passes over the piece being measured. Whenever a high spot is encountered, the rod is pushed upward, turning the micrometer so that the the surface error is displayed. The photo below is an example of a much more precise instrument but functions in the same way.

I noticed something else in the photos that accompany this post. To the right of the DOV9451 are 4 barely discernable letters and what appears to be a swastika. I don't think it is my imagination because whatever it is, was created when the piece was cast. It looks to me to be an indistinct, very thin swastika with four letters in a shallow arc below, the third letter being unreadable; SA?O. I looked carefully at the adjacent surface areas and I saw nothing even resembling that sort of thing. Dwight
    Last edited by drmessimer; 08-09-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Stupid mistake in the text

CSW
    ?

Dwight, that is a standard German Waffenamt inspection stamp. The letters under the national parrot are WaA, followed by a short code that typically consists of a few digits.

A better close-up photo would be needed for proper examination of the code in this case.

?

please help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.please help determine this thing.

Nordlich44, Thanks for that information. I'm old but at least my eyesight has not completely failed. Your reassurance has made my day. Dwight

?

hello friends after a long 60 days of searching, a man I contacted me via the internet and identified this mysterious thing! "Your item is a gauge made here for Marine Flaks 20mm on
    contract Kriegsmarine. I'm sending you a photo of the installation. "I was still looking for a bit and only 200 of these naval flakes were allegedly made. But it may not be completely true ...... however, I'm a little smarter again, I hope you will like the post