Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Rare German ammo box?

Article about: Idk what I have here but it seems to be one of a kind. A history professor said it was legit and he use to use to borrow it and use it for his classes from the owner. That's all I know. It h

?

Thanks Larry. I actually don't care who it is from, I was just throwing ideas out there and brain storming. Like I said earlier there is no proof of him making tin cans and also his markings are usually lower case letters as well (from the little that I researched). But the markings and it's design are the only clues we have as of right now. I appreciate the help and you are right there is no proof of eickhorn here. What I did initially really want it to be was an ammo can regardkess of whonit was from, haha. But that may be out of the question. Now I just want to know what it was really made and used for very badly. I'm glad this thread turned out the way it did so far and all of you guys are very nice and really helpful. Happy holidays everyone .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare German ammo box?
    P
    Many

?

I agree with most of what you said, Anderson. It could be made from salvaged parts to something as well. And DRGM can also mean a function of something not just a feature from what I understand, so maybe it had a unique rack to it? Not sure but I have found out another clue as to what it may have been used for. I was thinking about the worn out inside and how it was worn out. I noticed one side didn't have noticeable wear to it, but the other side did and it looked to be from something small and pointy obviously, Here are some pictures of it. As well as some pictures I found of other boxes that have similar features like double hinge and the loop rings etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare German ammo box?   Rare German ammo box?  

Rare German ammo box?   Rare German ammo box?  

?

If you notice on one side right below the rivets there is no wear, and on the other right below the rivets there are these dots.

?

Possibly a cartridge box to hold en-blocs or stripper clips? The dimensions check out and that would explain the worn dots only on one side. But from ww2 not these old ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare German ammo box?   Rare German ammo box?  

Rare German ammo box?  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5