MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.

Article about: Nice small wall lamp with the Eagle on the top lid. Delighted it still has it's original glass inside. Makers name is WG (?).. Must be a candle holder, as there doesn't seem to be any other

Default Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.

Nice small wall lamp with the Eagle on the top lid.

Delighted it still has it's original glass inside. Makers name is WG (?)..

Must be a candle holder, as there doesn't seem to be any other attachments to accept other types of fuel.

When I first saw it, I thought may be it was a small heater type, with the bottom holding some parafin.

Quite odd really, as there isn't any quick means to extinguish the flame in a hurry

You have to take it off the wall, undo a small screw on the back, slide down the bottom part and that gives you access to the inside.

I do believe this lamp was made after 1937, as previous to this, it had the simple D R on the top.

I'm happy with this odd little item, never seen one before with the Eagle on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.   Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  

Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.   Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  

Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.
    P
    Many

?

Very interesting piece. Congrats. Glad you showed it here. Love the Reichsbahn items!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

You HAVE to get it working and hang it on the wall. That would be ultra cool!

Whoops....just saw it is non-electrical. Anyway, still I would still put it on the wall and use it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The underneath is shown here.

I wonder if it was supposed to be attached to some thing?

May be a carrying pole?

Yes, when I get a suitable candle, it will be put in the outside shed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  

Just been looking at the pictures again.. and I think I might have come up with some thing?

If you look at the 2nd picture from the top, the top half does seperate from the bottom.

Then, look at the fifth picture from the top, showing the inside of the bottom piece, there are FOUR clips?

There must be a part missing, some thing that fits into this piece, held in place by these clips.

Could it indeed be, a paraffin heater, with the mini stove/wick part missing?

Just "found" the missing part..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 12-09-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Here is that missing part, now in my possession..

Never thought I'd get this piece, as they are very rare, quite a unusual candle.

It took a bit of persuading to get going, but finally it lit up.

Not sure how you re-fill it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.   Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  

Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.  
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 12-09-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Back together again after all those years, the Reichsbahn lamp is finally working once again.

It's not giving off much light, quite dim really and photographing it in the dark was nigh on impossible.

The top does become quite hot quickly..

So, a little project finally pays off and I'm happy with that.

Reichsbahn Wall Lamp.