Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RH-28 - RÜCKENFALLSCHIRM – Luftwaffe Parachute

Article about: Hello, Here is my newest addition. RÜCKENFALLSCHIRM – RH-28 Luftwaffe Parachute (backrest model). This parachute was developed towards the end of the war (1943-45). The demand for seat comfo

?

Default RH-28 - RÜCKENFALLSCHIRM – Luftwaffe Parachute

Hello,

Here is my newest addition. RÜCKENFALLSCHIRM – RH-28 Luftwaffe Parachute (backrest model). This parachute was developed towards the end of the war (1943-45). The demand for seat comfort and quick deployment was important. In the previous models issues arose during extended periods of wear and at times with fatal consequences. In some cases the umbrella was dropped during the flight and thus the fulfillment of a rescue device was no longer given. YIKES!

The RH-28 was made slightly different in that the reinforcement was not closed as usual with the SA lock but on both sides at the height of the hip. It was designed for greater comfort, especially with longer flights. The type RH-28 parachute was intended for use by the Kampfflieger and at times the Jagdflieger carried this type chute as well. It is thought to also have been used with the Messerschmitt / Me- 262. It is a rarer find compared to the Rüfa 12B.

It is not totally complete but mostly there. Either way a piece of history to preserve as it stands. It is still packed. Other attachment elements and straps have been cut loose unfortunately. This was the type with the ball valve type ripcord that is intact. The other common ring type ripcord was also used with this model chute. This one is tagged "Gerät-Nr. 10-409-A1". Even with some missing components it will look nice with my pilot mannequin. I was able to get it for what I believe to be an excellent price due to straps and hardware having been cut off. I hope you enjoy!

Rossi

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RH-28 - RÜCKENFALLSCHIRM – Luftwaffe Parachute
    P
    Many

?

That does display quite nicely with your your pilot

Awesome pick up!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Pretty sweet Kirk! As Philbert said, goes great with the display!! Congrats!

(You have been on quite an aquistion spree lately haven't you )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)