Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small lot of field equipment.

Article about: Hello Forum, Here is a small lot I picked up recently, it consists of an Feldflasche (Dated 39), Essgeschirr (dated 41), Gasmaskendose and an American Messtin it came also with an EKM, and a

Default Small lot of field equipment.

Hello Forum,

Here is a small lot I picked up recently, it consists of an Feldflasche (Dated 39), Essgeschirr (dated 41), Gasmaskendose and an American Messtin it came also with an EKM, and according to the seller everything belonged to one soldier to who he was related with, but about he knows only that he died in the 80‘s. He supposedly comes from an Officers Family and had many relatives in the Army.

That may very well just be a story, but the price was good and I liked the items, so I bought it.

The Essgeschirr is also named to a G-Marx.

Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.Small lot of field equipment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small lot of field equipment.
    P
    Many

Nice grouping looks like a decent score, anything inside the gasmask canister?

Gasmask cannister has no Gas Mask inside anymore, but the spare lenses with packaging are still present and are in a very good condition. The cannister also has some remains of a white, powdery substance in it - of wich i have no idea what it could be.

CSW
    ?

Excellent pickup, a beautiful grouping for sure. Is there a date inside the canister?

Where would that date be located? Its my first gas mask cannister - and i have limited knowledge on these.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Where would that date be located? Its my first gas mask cannister - and i have limited knowledge on these.
    There might be a stamped date on the lid of the spare lens tin inside the lid or on the catch of the behalter itself. The colour looks very dark.

Thanks, i will have a look tomorrow! And yes, the color is pretty dark, i think its a period done repaint as it has quiet the patina, but there is a single fingerprint in the thick outer layer of paint.

Here is one of my gas mask canisters. You can usually find a date and manufacturer on the closure. As mentioned, the spare lens lid may have it too. This one is marked FM 42. NH

CSW
    ?

As said above. Here is an example with the stamp on the spare lens holder

The white powdery stuff may be out a decontamination kit or the filter? Or maybe just something got inside. The lenses are a nice little extra, very nice group!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast