Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Amunition Box (SS-Panzer-Hand-Minen, P.H.M.)

Article about: Hello friends please, help, is it original pre 1945 SS Munition Box? thx all for all opinions. Best

Nouvelle page 0

Hello, nice box, a friend of me have one with a piece of paper, it was made in Dachau.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Amunition Box (SS-Panzer-Hand-Minen, P.H.M.)
    P
    Many

To me, the piece appears to be genuine. I have owned several similar German munitions boxes that GI's used to ship their souvenirs home in. The construction is similar to the ones those I owned.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Just resurrecting this thread, as a few websites seem to be selling these SS grenade boxes again - all the labels and batch numbers seem within single digits of each other. Here is one, but 3-4 similar ones at different dealers in different countries can easily be found via Google, all for sale at the moment:
    15 SS Panzer-Hand-Mine | Skarbimierz Osiedle | Ogłoszenie na Allegro Lokalnie

My heart hopes this is a batch that has recently been discovered and has been sold onto the market. But my suspicious collector mind thinks these are probably knock-off items made of aged wood and original metal furniture, but with faked stencilling and label on the inside.

What do you guys think?

Please do not just post links, save the photos and upload them to your post.
    After the sale, these images will not be available, and your post will be useless.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by MG42UK View Post
    Just resurrecting this thread, as a few websites seem to be selling these SS grenade boxes again - all the labels and batch numbers seem within single digits of each other. Here is one, but 3-4 similar ones at different dealers in different countries can easily be found via Google, all for sale at the moment:
    15 SS Panzer-Hand-Mine | Skarbimierz Osiedle | Ogłoszenie na Allegro Lokalnie

My heart hopes this is a batch that has recently been discovered and has been sold onto the market. But my suspicious collector mind thinks these are probably knock-off items made of aged wood and original metal furniture, but with faked stencilling and label on the inside.

What do you guys think?
    Screen grab if the above.

Looks a good one to me also.

?

Thank you for posting these from the link I posted

?

BlackCat1982 - my issue is that 2-3 European dealers now have an almost identical box for sale, with an 'SS' label on the inside also from April 1944, and a similar batch number. What are the odds that an up till now unknown stash of minty SS grenade boxes is unearthed and out onto the market?

It's not the individual box I am suspicious of, as it looks real enough (although easy enough to fake), it is the fact that 3-4 of these rare items are suddenly being put up for sale.

If anyone has any insights as to whether there is a real story here about these being uncovered, please tell us all about it as it will be quite interesting to find out about...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2