MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Surplus Verbandkasten Box Restoration

Article about: I recently saw that a popular surplus site was offering genuine WW2 German first aid kit boxes for sale. They were even discounted from \\$70 to \\$50. Here’s the catch though, they have all b

Default Surplus Verbandkasten Box Restoration

I recently saw that a popular surplus site was offering for sale genuine WW2 German first aid boxes. They were even discounted from $70 to $50. Here’s the catch though, they have all been over painted sometime in the post war period. Since the price was right I took a gamble on a box. When it arrived I instantly saw bits of the the original German paint and markings peeking out from underneath the post war stuff. With a little bit of elbow grease and acetone.... I was able to uncover this.

Surplus Verbandkasten Box RestorationSurplus Verbandkasten Box RestorationSurplus Verbandkasten Box Restoration

The most fragile area was without a doubt the Red Cross in the center. I tried my best to be as careful as possible when removing the post war paint from this area, but unfortunately it still got smudged quite a bit. In the end I’m really happy with how this turned out. It displays great alongside my tropical Wehrmacht combat tunic.

Surplus Verbandkasten Box Restoration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Surplus Verbandkasten Box Restoration
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Good job. It actually looks pretty neat displayed like that . I have a similar example but not overpainted.

Like how you put the uniform in a display as well. That's really neat!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Good job. It actually looks pretty neat displayed like that . I have a similar example but not overpainted.

Like how you put the uniform in a display as well. That's really neat!
    Thanks!

I felt like a prospector who struck gold when I removed the post war paint

You got it for a decent price. These are getting more expensive even when found empty

?

Wow, great job! It must have been exciting uncovering the original paint.

Nice work. Looks great.
    John

You've done a nice job with this one! There are quite a few of these about in the UK, but most of them are at least twice the price. Sometimes it pays to buy something that's been messed with postwar. A little bit of elbow grease, and it's as good as 'new' again.

Regards, B.B.

?

it now just looks like a battle worn item. I see nothing wrong with it. a great score!