Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified canister and filter.

Article about: My son has purchased this canister and mask while on holiday at this present time.what has he actually gone and bought? i'm not with him as I would have stepped in as it's nothing like a Weh

Default Unidentified canister and filter.

My son has purchased this canister and mask while on holiday at this present time.what has he actually gone and bought? i'm not with him as I would have stepped in as it's nothing like a Wehrmacht or Reichswehr.it is of thin poor construction the hinges are quite crudely made and it only has one eyelet instead of three/four depending on model and that it super fine compared to TR counterparts.and the letters CMP are stamped on the filter and spare lenses maybe the mask too.hopefully one of you knowledgeable guys will be able to resolve this,so hopefully he can return it back to the Antique shop.thanks as always in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified canister and filter.   Unidentified canister and filter.  

Unidentified canister and filter.   Unidentified canister and filter.  

Unidentified canister and filter.   Unidentified canister and filter.  

Unidentified canister and filter.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified canister and filter.
    P
    Many

Possibly a Spanish Army DEGEA gasmask. Not uninteresting.

Cheers,
    Emile

Cheers Emile any idea on the going price for these types of wartime canisters.thanks for your input........

Agree, it’s a Spanish mask and canister. I used to own a similar set many years ago picked up very cheap. But I expect it has more value now as not quite so easy to find.

Thanks BC so there is some monetary value then.what time frame would these of been issued/in service? cheers and as knowledgeable as ever.

It was designed by Artillery Captain Antonio Blanco Garcia during the Spanish Civil War. These masks were made by Defensa Anti Gas Sociedad Anónima (DAGSA, not Degea) in around 1936.

The filter marking C.M.P. Stands for Constructora de Material de Protección = "Construction Material Protection" which may imply a civil rather than military use.

Massive thanks BC top information supplied as ever,much appreciated Bud.........

Glad to help as always.