Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown P-38 holster

Article about: I was hoping to get some input on this holster rig that I picked up from an estate sale. It has the same feel and old smell as my hard shell case along with the same belt wear marks. I have

Quote by MAP View Post
    Maybe. I will have to check the back to confirm. That said, this was they way it was literally pulled from the rafters of the Vets home during a clean out. The pair have been together for many many many years.

I don't doubt for a minute that the vet has always had them together, but that is not the same as them belonging together... Two pictures of my 1917 dated Luger holster, and two of a P38 holster. Notice the difference in the positioning of the strap.

Cheers,
    Steve

Unknown P-38 holsterUnknown P-38 holsterUnknown P-38 holsterUnknown P-38 holster

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown P-38 holster
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Yup! Good eye.

He probably picked up the pistol from one pile of captured weapons and the holster from another.

But we will never really know. Maybe he bought them as post war surplus and out them together. But doubt that as he apparently had a number of bring backs with this as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2