Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen ss licence plate

Article about: Hello friends, I'm asking for reviews on this state ID card ss This is a find Thanks for the opinions Authentic? I'm sure so, but you never know these days

?

Hello,
    These service regulations for vehicle registration and labeling are official/binding orders for the Army/Air Force/ Kriegsmarine and Waffen SS. Comparable to today's regulations for vehicle registration/labeling (EU).
    An internal troop badge (skull or bear, horse, fist) on the car, tank or truck are unofficial badges of the unit and have no place on official plaques. That's why they were painted on the vehicle, like their picture.
    The German regulations are always very thorough, and the Germans are also very thorough in their implementation.

Sometimes less is more, you should remember that...

kind regards
    Kabl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss licence plate
    P
    Many

?

I agree totenkopf would not be on authentic plate.

I believe this is an aged repro.

Tim

?

Thank you all for your opinions and observations. with friendly regards, Huddy

?

Hello Huddy, in my opinion it is repro too, according to the standards and looking at the old photos, the number '1' has a much shorter protruding flag or none at all! I am attaching a standard description. Based on the "82141" list, it would belong to the following unit: "82001 - 83000 5. SS-T. Standarte". And the skull is not usually printed or painted on.
    I think let it go.
    Regards,
    Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen ss licence plate  
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen ss licence plate 

Quote by Huddy View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the opinions, but I think they are all just guesses so far, why couldn't the totenkopf have a skull on the license plate, when they also had it on the cars? just really want to know if it's authentic
    This is the tactical symbol of the 3rd SS Panzer Division of the Waffen-SS "Totenkopf".

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - 3. SS-Panzer-Division

SS-Division Totenkopf – Wikipedia

Waffen ss licence plate

Quote by Huddy View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the opinions, but I think they are all just guesses so far, why couldn't the totenkopf have a skull on the license plate, when they also had it on the cars? just really want to know if it's authentic
    I can not comment on the authenticity of the license plate nor the markings....but this is where the collector needs to be careful that after warning those who replied calling their answers " guesses " in turn ...it is your guess as well wanting this license plate marking to be correct.

For those collectors who collect items marked with RZM numbers ...which is a wide range ...and from what we have seen in the market place and also by fakers is the easy option to put an RZM number / paper tag / stamped artifact ...etc on an item and call it real...those who see these numbers .....only swear first that it is real because of that implementation and later find out through study that it may or may not.

Most new collectors will fall on the way side and leave one forum and go to another to keep trying until someone says yes its real.
    This is a dangerous precedent to set for other new collectors telling them ..." Dont Study ..just keep posting asking for thoughts " and there is nothing wrong for asking opinions on an item we dont know about...we all do it including myself.

If after receiving those thoughts of not being authentic ..the next step is to dig deeper in study.....To find more period images ..and not run to another Militaria forum . I wish for you to stay here and dig deeper...but it is your choice to go somewhere else...the end result someplace else will most likely be the same.

Those who have posted here have given some very good replies with excellent content.
    Give it some thought and dig deeper Huddy

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From the initial pictures I am suspicious of this licence plate. The addition of the deaths head is not something I have come across on Totenkopf vehicle relics and as such it is so small that it makes no sense to have such a drawing on a vehicle plate. The red licence stamp is sadly (or conveniently) obscured by decay. The back appears to be repainted.
    I attach details of the regulation sizes for licence plates.

Waffen ss licence plate

With the potential market value of such an item being high I would exercise caution before committing. Personally I would not be tempted.

?

Hello Huddy,
    It's a painful process when you present pieces from your collection and then they fall through to your fellow collectors or are recognized as copies...
    But you learn and in the future you are no longer so naive and only buy the article and not the story, which always sounds nice.
    With such high quality artifacts
    1. Acquire knowledge/learn what rules/regulations existed at that time
    2. Study historical images and make comparisons to the offer
    3. Ask other collectors' opinions (even if you don't like them)
    Basically, it's quite simple here with the boards to read the service regulations to know that the (fantasy) skull on the SS license plate is "crap" / something is wrong .. So a "red flag" = stay away. ..
    A lot of money is trying to be made with such manipulated things and that makes life very difficult for us collectors.
    Nobody wants to say anything bad to you here...
    We would also have liked it better if the SS license plate you presented was the original. Believe me, bad news doesn't just come easily...
    Regards
    kabl

?

Hello friends, thanks for your help! I have already studied something and it is true that it opened my eyes!
    There are really a lot of inconsistencies (just the number + the skull tells about it)
    I will be more careful next time!
    Thank you all for the valuable advice and I'm glad that this great forum exists and that there are collectors willing to give advice to the inexperienced. In any case, I have no need to go to other forums
    Thanks a lot everyone!!!
    With friendly regards, Huddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2