Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Werhmacht Gas Mask ?

Article about: Hello Friends and Mates Ive been gone for a While working.... Iam Back and New WRF Member (eheheheh) so Iam starting to bomb you eehehheh I Have this Gasmask but Iam confused Seller says its

Default Werhmacht Gas Mask ?

Hello Friends and Mates
    Ive been gone for a While working....
    Iam Back and New WRF Member (eheheheh) so Iam starting to bomb you eehehheh

I Have this Gasmask but Iam confused Seller says its Wehrmacht, but the RAD gasmasks were equal tothis ones i think
    So i will be needing your help and opinion as always

Thanks in Advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Werhmacht Gas Mask ?   Werhmacht Gas Mask ?  

Werhmacht Gas Mask ?   Werhmacht Gas Mask ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Werhmacht Gas Mask ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Werhmacht Gas Mask ?

The can is German military issue. That is the long type probably manufactured by "frn" like both of mine. I believe the blue coloring on the metal parts let's the user know that it will interfere with compasses. But everything seems to be the same as my rubber Gasmask minus the blue coloring.

For me, it is simply for Heer, why RAD?

Looks like a nice set. RAD had a different style of Gas Mask? I know police, fire and LS had the shorter type but that wasnt always the case either.

looks standard german army to me but i know the north african masks had the same painted areas as yours except in a desert tan paint why this is blue i do not know

Quote by 1stSSLSSAHTexas View Post
    The can is German military issue. That is the long type probably manufactured by "frn" like both of mine. I believe the blue coloring on the metal parts let's the user know that it will interfere with compasses. But everything seems to be the same as my rubber Gasmask minus the blue coloring.
    Correct! - most of the gasmask fittings were non-ferrous alloy ( eye pieces / filter socket etc... ) but in July 1943 these were changed ( like a lot of other equipment ) to steel. This being magnetic, the mask was given to units not equipped with directional circuits or optical instruments having magnetic needles (except the marching compass). Units with magnetic needle instruments retained the previously supplied non-magnetic gas masks.

It's all in the colour coding!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I've gotta get me a set of these if its the last thing i do,very nice mask and cannister indeed,regards Dave.

Thanks all for your expertise and good advices.

I was Wondering about RAD gas mask because of this one.
    GAs mask issued to the RAD Ernst Michel he wrote his RAD unit 337/41on the small box carrying the x-tra glasses, so thats why i asked.

So its a standart Heer Gasmask

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Werhmacht Gas Mask ?   Werhmacht Gas Mask ?  

Werhmacht Gas Mask ?