Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Whats up with these G43 mag pouches?

Article about: My question is not about a specific item, just in general. I noticed that a few months ago many many G43 double ammo pouches (black and light brown leather versions) showed up on the market.

?

Default Whats up with these G43 mag pouches?

My question is not about a specific item, just in general. I noticed that a few months ago many many G43 double ammo pouches (black and light brown leather versions) showed up on the market. Of course these always showed up every now and then, and were not extremely rare items (with TR militaria standards), but now I see them listed at almost every bigger militaria store or dealer, even at some local dealers who didnt really sell TR stuff earlier. Only black and light brown leather, not a single dark brown or cloth version, and mostly in unused condition. So suddenly a huge amount of these pouches appeared on the market. Does someone know what happened? Was a large unused cache of these found? Or did someone start faking them in large numbers? Or were these always so common?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Whats up with these G43 mag pouches?
    P
    Many

It was roughly 20 years ago that a hoard consisting of hundreds of pouches were discovered in storage, I think in Ukraine. The find consisted of many variations in design, perhaps 7 or so, ranging from black and tan leather to yellow synthetic leather. These were so plentiful that a photo was circulated of a man standing atop a big mound consisting of these pouches, a quantity so large that they remain still common on the market today. As far as I know, no canvass models were included in that find.

Found this link maybe it will answer some questions, it’s a good read either way in my opinion.

Claus Espeholt's G43 - Pouches