Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Winter Camouflage Jerrycan

Article about: I recently purchased this brilliant piece off of eBay of all places, and even better is it only cost me \\$97!! I’m very pleased with this example as I’ve been very hard pressed to find an

Default Winter Camouflage Jerrycan

I recently purchased this brilliant piece off of eBay of all places, and even better is it only cost me $97!! I’m very pleased with this example as I’ve been very hard pressed to find anything winter camouflage that’s not sold or in my price range. This one definitely has a good worn look to it and still has a great coating of white paint. The paint has dried and become like a firm dust (thanks to MAP for the observation) that is easy to wipe off. It originally was a tan painted example which you can see relatively clearly especially under the cap. This example is dated 1943.

Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Winter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage JerrycanWinter Camouflage Jerrycan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter Camouflage Jerrycan
    P
    Many

One of the scarcer makers, V & N ( Vogel and Noot ) of Wartberg in Austria.

Still around today, they now make home radiators, heaters and towel warmers .... go figure!!

State-of-the-art technology by VOGEL&NOOT
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The colour inside the cap doesn't look like dunkelgelb, more an off white. Interesting as this would have been red primer when it came out of the factory. Nice find.

Under the cap it definitely a tan paint, it’s just my overly bright lights I can try and get another pic if you’d like. You also say it should be a red primer, do you mean the cap or the whole can?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Under the cap it definitely a tan paint, it’s just my overly bright lights I can try and get another pic if you’d like. You also say it should be a red primer, do you mean the cap or the whole can?
    In the factory they were first painted in red primer, this is usually found on the inside of the cap. It's not common to find the inside of the cap painted in another colour, there isn't a need for it to be done.