Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wondering what this is?

Article about: Hi everyone, I recently came across this in my travels, it’s only a small tube and the best translation I could find was “power healing ointment” I was wondering if anybody could confi

Default Wondering what this is?

Hi everyone,
    I recently came across this in my travels, it’s only a small tube and the best translation I could find was “power healing ointment”
    I was wondering if anybody could confirm that for me or just give me a better idea of what it is. It looks like it says fraftheillable for what I can make out.
    It’s only a small tube.
    Thank you for you help.Wondering what this is?Wondering what this is?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wondering what this is?
    P
    Many

I am going to guess it is frost bite ointment.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers Ralph, that would make sense as it’s from the eastern front.
    Nice one.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am going to guess it is frost bite ointment.
    Ralph.
    Yes Ralph, you are spot on. It's "Frostschutzsalbe" literally "Frost protection salve"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Not Frostschutzsalbe, but Frostheilsalbe .... there is a difference

Tom

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    Not Frostschutzsalbe, but Frostheilsalbe .... there is a difference

Tom
    Thanks Tom, I didn't look close enough. I hadn't had my morning coffee!!

First one to protect ( verb; schutzen) against frostbite, the second (verb; heilen = heal) to treat it

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

No problem, i know the feeling !! Had plenty of coffee, have to be fit today

Tom

Although this one has a different use for feet sweat considered it would be interesting to share it with you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wondering what this is?   Wondering what this is?  

Surely the SS supermen did not have sweaty feet

Regards

Mark