Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german gas mask with inscriptions Hello everybody, I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "B

Article about: Hello everybody, I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "Bienge", on the lid and bottom of th

?

Default ww2 german gas mask with inscriptions Hello everybody, I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "B

Hello everybody,

I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "Bienge", on the lid and bottom of the canister, which I believe is the soldier's name.
    There are some numbers as you can see in the pictures too
    and on the cover there is also written "118 I", could it be the unit the soldier was a part of?

What do you think?

Thanks
    ww2 german gas mask with inscriptions  Hello everybody,  I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "Bww2 german gas mask with inscriptions  Hello everybody,  I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "Bww2 german gas mask with inscriptions  Hello everybody,  I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "Bww2 german gas mask with inscriptions  Hello everybody,  I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "B

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 german gas mask with inscriptions  Hello everybody,  I bought my first German gas mask this week. I found it interesting that the canister has some inscriptions, such as the word "B
    P
    Many

Hi there.

I would agree that Bienge is likely the soldiers name.

The 118 and 1264 could be a Stammroll number and the I could the Batterie the soldier was a member of.

The L.21364 is a feldpost number and corresponds to -

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 1. Batterie Reserve-Flak-Abteilung 605
    (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) 6. Batterie Flak-Regiment 33
    (10.2.1943-23.8.1943) 1. Batterie schw. Flak-Abteilung 526
    dann 1. Batterie gemischte Flak-Abteilung 526 (v).

Feldpost numbers

Kind regards,

Will
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-28-2022 at 03:52 PM. Reason: To post a link.

?

Hello Will,

Thank you so much for the information you brought! Very rich!

If I may ask the question, but it's a lack of knowledge on my part, but what would the Stammroll number be?

Thanks!

My pleasure.

It would be a kind of roster or roll number that was unique to each soldier.

It is also possible that the numbers could be the issuing number, which means it could have been the 118th or the 1264th set issued by the unit. I am not sure, so hopefully someone will be able to conform this.

Personal Markings on Gas Masks & Canisters -
    Personal Markings on Gas Masks & Canisters / der Erste Zug

Kind regards,

Will