Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?

Article about: Hi, I had a few questions about the german jackboots that I recently purchased on ebay, it is clearly visible that boots had been repaired, but what I am wondering about is- are those wartim

Default WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?

Hi,
    I had a few questions about the german jackboots that I recently purchased on ebay, it is clearly visible that boots had been repaired, but what I am wondering about is- are those wartime repairs, like the rivetts and shaft strenghtening "sleeve"? Overall the boots seem to be similar to the ones that were recently found in a relic condition.

With best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?   WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?  

WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 german soldiers jackboots (Marschstiefel). Wartime repairs?
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn’t worry about the rivets (I don’t know what you mean when you refer to a ‘sleeve’), as there is no way of telling when such a reinforcement was fitted. It’s very possible that it’s a period repair and a nice detail.
    I would suggest scouring wartime photographs, if you want proof, but I like the look of it.

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about the rivets (I don’t know what you mean when you refer to a ‘sleeve’), as there is no way of telling when such a reinforcement was fitted. It’s very possible that it’s a period repair and a nice detail.
    I would suggest scouring wartime photographs, if you want proof, but I like the look of it.
    Thank You for the answer, I meant the reinforcement inside the shaft- i apologise for the the term "sleeve"- english is not my first language- so finding the correct therm is a challenge sometimes.

?

Sleeve is a perfectly correct term - there is nothing wrong with your English! - I just didn’t understand that the double thickness was an addition and thought I was missing something. It appears to be an original manufacturing feature, rather than a repair (though may look different in hand).
    I understand that this reinforcement is a very common feature on earlier production boots. I would have to find them, but I’m fairly sure mine have the same construction.