Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate

Article about: Hello, I'm currently seeking to extend my collection on one side as a WW2 collector and on the other side as a license plate collector. My wish is to ideally combine both by acquiring an ori

Question WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate

Hello,

I'm currently seeking to extend my collection on one side as a WW2 collector and on the other side as a license plate collector.
    My wish is to ideally combine both by acquiring an original Third Reich license plate (car or motorcycle or any vehicle).

Scrolling through the internet and the forum, as per usual there are a lot of fakes, for these type of items nothing new haha.
    However, I saw this offer for a Wehrmacht motorcycle license plate, apparently from the eastern front near Stalingrad.
    The plate seems to be used two times, since as you will be able to see on the pictures, the numbers are overwritten and there are 2 stamps. The seller claims this was not unusual back in the days.

I wanted to know what you think about it, does that seem possibly original or is that offer to avoid ? (pictures are attached)
    Many thanks in advance for your great knowledge, might be hard to say due its condition

Yours
    Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate   WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate  

WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate   WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate  

WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate   WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate  

WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 : Wehrmacht License plate
    P
    Many

Unable to expand the images but the closeups seem plausible as it has the raised rolled lip around the edge, typical of a production plate.
    Also most fakers wouldn't do a double image like that - too confusing to a buyer, they would stick to something readable.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks OK to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!