Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII german splinter pattern bag

Article about: Hello Guys! Could you help me to define the type of this bag? Is it LW? No markings. I didn't find any similar on the internet. Thank you!

Quote by levaid View Post
    Hello Guys!

Could you help me to define the type of this bag? Is it LW? No markings.
    I didn't find any similar on the internet.

Thank you!
    Attachment 1279484Attachment 1279485Attachment 1279486Attachment 1279487
    The straps appear to be re-used Tornister ones. It has age. Not combat issue but an historic item in its own right. Perhaps someone had a sideline in re purposing old Wehrmacht zelts in the 1950's. Interesting item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII german splinter pattern bag
    P
    Many

I have one somewhere in tam and water when I get time I will dig it out and post it

Haha,

People think that "upcycling is new and "on trend" but the masses of war surplus material was widely used in such ways when there was nothing else. Remember all the steel helmets "upcycled" as cooking pots/utensils or long handled scoops etc. If we go far enough back we can see very many Napoleonic period bayonets turned into fireside companion sets or helmets into coal buckets.
    This is a common phenomenon after major wars (M1 helmets in Vietnam used as cooking pots) and to me these are legitimate historical pieces of post-war ephemera and therefore part of the story of the conflict

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you all! What is important, this bag is not trash, nay! : - )

I have one just like it, brought back from Germany by a West Virginia vet, it had a bread bag, y straps, late war hbt smock, a belt with heer buckle, cut off tunic top, pants, and other miscellaneous items in it. without a doubt, this was used pre-1945.

I realize this is an old thread, but I revived it because my hope is that OP didn't junk it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII german splinter pattern bag   WWII german splinter pattern bag  

WWII german splinter pattern bag   WWII german splinter pattern bag  

Last edited by MakaMaleko; 04-06-2024 at 10:10 AM.

Quote by MakaMaleko View Post
    without a doubt, this was used pre 1945.
    Hello,
    Sorry to say, but the cut off top part of the tunic is not german WWII.
    The poorly applied Litzen and collar tresse try to make german something that is not.
    The design of breast pockets is wrong, buttons of different sizes are wrong.
    I wish i could see better some other items shown in this photo.
    Thanks

WWII german splinter pattern bag

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

you are correct. it is a Swedish tunic with buttons ground down to remove the 3 crowns. Unfortunately, when I bought this, the veteran had already passed, and the son told me that everything in this bag was as it was for as long as he could remember. so many questions and so few answers that we all will never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2