Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Y straps are they the real deal

Article about: I found these in an auction and have contacted the owner for more info ie,Depot mark.Or any other numbers or lettering that has been physically stamped into the leather on the back of the st

?

Default Y straps are they the real deal

I found these in an auction and have contacted the owner for more info ie,Depot mark.Or any other numbers or lettering that has been physically stamped into the leather on the back of the straps or on the round leather tab that is attached to the main steel ring .But Iam still waiting for a reply so what do you guys think are these worth pursuing.The owner has contacted me and has told me that there are no marks present except a mark that looks very similar to the assman logo mark .And it is present on the back of the ammo pouch retainer hooks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Y straps are they the real deal  Y straps are they the real deal  Y straps are they the real deal  Y straps are they the real deal  Y straps are they the real deal 
    Last edited by Mark K; 04-23-2011 at 07:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Y straps are they the real deal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Y straps are they the real deal

They look perfectly OK from where I sit but a few more piccies would be welcome!These straps are faked and some "creative" weathering and ageing can really do miracles but the one you've posted look OK to me!
    HTH
    Manny

?

Thanks Manny just wanted a couple of other opinions on them.

?

Looks good to me.
    SteveR

?

Thanks for the imput guys I think I will grab them up if I can

Sorry but I don't like the look of these Y Riemen for one sec. They appear to be brand spanking new to me, look at the D ring patches! Imo these are not period, but repro and have been aged with a bit of oil and sand paper on the edges. The short back strap seems to be original, it has much more wear and tear, so it could be that the seller has replaced it with the repro back strap, as these are easy to find.
    Hope I'm wrong!

?

Thanks for the imput I bid on these and I am glad now that I was not the highest bidder at the auction they slipped through my fingers they did sell for the sum of $200.00 US thoe so some one else will get to be unhappy on this one.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks for the imput I bid on these and I am glad now that I was not the highest bidder at the auction they slipped through my fingers they did sell for the sum of $200.00 US thoe so some one else will get to be unhappy on this one.
    ....or very happy with his new purchase!We don't have detailed pictures and definitely judging/slamming an item from a few pictures (and none of them shows close-ups of details) is not an easy task and I own items that are 10000% period still they look as they had been made next year!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Good point Manny as a new collector I find it hard to weed out the real items from the fakes or repos and found it a little disheartening that something that I would have gladly purchased if I could have. Was judged after the fact as a fake or a repo.No disrespect intended towards you or SteveR you have both been there to help me out when I needed it.