Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Argentina haul of Third Reich pieces

Article about: I'm not sure if this could be considered an attic find but... https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...f-hitler-video I would not have a clue as to their authenticity. Cheers BH

So, just slapping random swastikas all over even the most ludicrous objects makes them TR artifacts and unquestionably real? People are going crazy over this obvious dime store junk. My God the education systems have totally failed.....

Quote by electricdigger View Post
    This one's interesting. Wonder what it is. Curious if the J Grimminger is referring to the träger of the Blutfahne, or Jakob Grimminger - Schwabisch Gmund?

My guess is with the latter.

Attachment 1086357

Most likely used for something like this....

Attachment 1086358

We're about to find the Ark, ya'll!

Joseph Mengele's prostate exam kit..

I am glad that everyone here shares the same first thoughts as me when I saw this article. If a bunch of fake crap makes national news then my man cave would get more coverage then the OJ Simpson trial!

I was presented with a desk eagle very much like some of the items shown above, that being a bit tasteless. In this case you'll notice it has twin rotating propellers for some weird reason. I'm betting it came from the same supplier as most of this crap.

Argentina haul of Third Reich pieces
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

This is the latest I heard.
    Antiques dealer Carlos Olivares is the only one accused so far in this situation with the artifacts. They were seized at two of his commercial locations plus his private house in the Becar section.

30 Million is the estimated value of the 3rd Reich items seized – WOW

All Fakes– apparently Carlos’ defense attorney says that all these 3rd Reich artifacts are reproductions, that they are not real and they are waiting for an expert to arrive and decide.

Yup...they got one of those as well....

Attachment 1086064

Is this a new meaning of "Schweinhund"..

Ok, I no.. just couldn't help it..

I'm sorry

What about a "Nazi" Spider?

MAP
    ?

Quote by R Blum View Post
    This is the latest I heard.
    Antiques dealer Carlos Olivares is the only one accused so far in this situation with the artifacts. They were seized at two of his commercial locations plus his private house in the Becar section.

30 Million is the estimated value of the 3rd Reich items seized – WOW

All Fakes– apparently Carlos’ defense attorney says that all these 3rd Reich artifacts are reproductions, that they are not real and they are waiting for an expert to arrive and decide.
    As I mentioned earlier I figured he was a dealer. Funny how he is now saying they are fakes. But I bet if you tried to buy them, they would have been sold as 100% genuine original with a COA.

Also funny how they estimated a value of $30mm...maybe RM30 million from the 1920's. The authorities are idiots.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Maybe this guy sold someone influential a "reproduction", even though these look like straight fantasy fakes, and he is getting his come-uppance. Pure speculation on my part, but I imagine th 30 million number helps lock him up for a long time, where the more accurate couple thousand in fakes doesn't have the desired effect. Watch the "expert" authenticate the fakes, and then the government try to sell them for 30 million. What a disastrous story. The stuff should be sold for scrap......

?

That Pig would make a hell of a door stop!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Default What a load of rubbish

When I saw the display frame with the gun, oh my. If you need an expert for that, then you're a fool. Every movie prop has more authenticity than those items. I haven't worked out how to include a picture. I'd have loved to. This should be sticky in the educating in fakes section.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast