Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A few knives

Article about: Was at the Indian lake antique show today and picked up a few knives. Anybody know anything about the Finnish knife . Gary

?

Default A few knives

Was at the Indian lake antique show today and picked up a few knives. Anybody know anything about the Finnish knife . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few knives   A few knives  

What do you want to know about the Finnish knife ? ,it looks to be a nice knife but not military if that's what you want to know

?

Kradman I've found out it's called a puukko my question is is it a good one.

IMO a good and honest puukko with a above average sheath. Nice find!

Mart

?

Thank you Martin worth the $10 I paid for it

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Thank you Martin worth the $10 I paid for it
    Most definitely!!!!

MAP
    ?

Definitely worth $10. I have 4 of these Finnish knives. Three of them were given to me when I was a young boy by our Finnish exchange student every year for Christmas after she left. They are all small and I never ever used them.

The 4th is a very old one (with a pressed paper sheath). Don't know where I got it but it was heavily used and abused. While it's probably 50 years old the blade is still razor sharp!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map I hear you this little knife is also Razer sharp .

MAP
    ?

They hold their edge forever. Ratisbons Auction has one for sale now. They listed it as a "trench" knife but I think that is stretching the truth. Just a great but quirky looking knife.

My boys go to summer camp near Indian Lake (a mile or so past North River) and my Nephew worked for years at a family camp in Speculator. A great area (but cold in the winter!)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I love it up north