Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1214

Finds in the GARBAGE!

Article about: There is a thread about a member restoring US canteen. Taking dents outs. just look for it or a member will chim in about it.

Thank you!

Anything else lately Joe, I'm astounded as to what people actually throw away! You are one lucky fella!

The other day a Vietnam era USMC sidecap was found with 4 corporal chevrons tucked into the side of the cap. No other finds, unfortunately.

?

flea Mkt. trade for side caps

?

It's been awfully quiet of late. All good up by you, Joe?

Quote by ericfg View Post
    It's been awfully quiet of late. All good up by you, Joe?
    Thanks for checking in! While my parents business is busier than ever, things have been slow in terms of militaria and other interesting finds... My parents have been doing more construction related work... Not so much attic or house clean outs. There have been a few finds lately but nothing spectacular. I will show the latest finds soon.

Here are the latest finds. Nothing spectacular, but saved from oblivion none the less! Sorry I've been inactive lately... work had been dominating my life and my parent's business has been doing more construction waste removal instead of residential.

Hard to see in the first photo, but there is one navy jumper with insignia and one blank.
    Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!Finds in the GARBAGE!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    ! Sorry I've been inactive lately... work had been dominating my life
    Brother, please do not apologize for being a productive member of society. Life, work, family; it all comes first. Hobbies and internet posts are not all important in the grand scheme.

After 120 pages and near 1200 posts..this thread is the posterchild of what happens when history is disrespected and neglected..thrown away...and the ALWAYS HAPPILY EVER AFTER .. of these rescued orphans to family placement.

If there was a thread here...and the possibility of starting one..I would call it "Heroes of History" ..the collectors who rescue the unwanted. GIZMO8Z would be the first of many Hall of Famers.

Nice to see this thread continue on....where there is neglect..there is collectability and orphan placement. Bravo ..to all those guys and gals who see the beauty in what we study.

Good job Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Joe,
    The posters are from the History of the Army in Action series. I have a full set my dad got in the early '60's. The full set came in a shipping tube and are fairly impressive graphically at full size.

This will give you an idea of what the set contains.
    U.S. Army Center Of Military History - Prints & Posters - The U.S. Army in Action - Page 1
    Regards,
    John