Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 90 of 126 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast

Flea Market Finds

Article about: What I got this morning. Stein,mother and father wall hangings,14 1/2x33 shirt,Nov. 15,1940 dated size 34x31 trousers and belt. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Pic.
    Thanks. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thanks Rich, War Dept marks, so British, with out further photos I'd be guessing, but it may well be a bayonet for the pattern 1853.

?

I did not look at the bayonet. The guy held it up and asked if I want it. I asked how much? $20. Put it with my stuff,I replied. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Got this stuff. U.S.,German and Japanese. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Got this stuff. U.S. front seam fixed bail helmet and liner,W.W.1 shovel cover and shelter 1.2,patches,throwing stars,British drum,Japanese Type-4 grenades,canteen,bag and paper flag. Rich A. in Pa.

CGR
    ?

Default A few flea market finds yesterday

Picked these us yesterday.
    M1917A1 Helmet and a sign possibly parking sign double sided with reflective lettering from an Air Base perhaps. W.S. Rader was a decorated WW2 Bomber Pilot, see link, very interesting read about his missions. Got the Doughboy Statue last week but he was separated from his base, put some JB Weld on his feet and reset it.
    William S. Rader, Brigadier General, United States Air Force
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds   Flea Market Finds  

Hope its OK to put my finds here too?

I don't really make enough finds at "Car Boot Sales" for a thread as there's not often much that would be of interest. I've had quite a successful 'streak' lately though

Firstly from a couple of visits several weeks ago while I was away with work...

Reference books, some 'GS' buttons & a .455 Webley cartridge:
    Flea Market Finds

Couple of old UK issue shoulder holsters for Browning Hi-Power:
    Flea Market Finds

Some great finds from yesterday (1st Sept)…

Couldn't resist these reminders of years gone by...
    Flea Market Finds

UK military (or at least Govt issue) toolbox:
    Flea Market Finds

Full of treasures - loads of Broad Arrow marked tools & some old parts; mostly dating from late 50's or early 60's
    Flea Market FindsFlea Market Finds

Only the electrician's (I think?) pocket knife, trimming (?) knife & pliers (1944 dated) came in the toolbox, but I also managed to pick up the other 3 knives at the same sale:
    Flea Market Finds

Large lock or 'Jack' knife (by Rogers of Sheffield) is undated but in generally very good condition & one of the owners' names is rather cool - 'Bond'

Second Jack Knife (this time by Richards) is 1943 dated.

I think the final lock knife is a 'fantasy' item; weird blade shape for issue pocket knife & using a Broad Arrow in 2007??? Still it was cheap
    Last edited by brickie501; 09-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.

?

Nice stuff guys.
    Got this stuff. German 1914-1915 books,Japanese worker patches and grenades,soviet patches,West German patch,unknown patches,Junk U.S. flight helmet,BOYT 1943 U.S.M.C. pack,bottom,suspenders from one guy,W.W.2 patches,'Nam patches,'Nam book,pillow case. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds   Flea Market Finds  

Hi the 2007 dated knife is a issue piece , its called a Knife pruning and still on issue now

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi the 2007 dated knife is a issue piece , its called a Knife pruning and still on issue now
    Thanks kradman… well I never, so it is!

Some googling of the NSN of my own came up with Knife, Pocket & it seems to be one of those items with various styles/manufacturers. Another search showed "5110 99 794 0491 Knife Pocket (Slim Knife With Curved Locking Blade)" which is a good description. The pruning descriptor also makes some sense … I knew I'd seen that style of blade on some sort of knife ... just seemed so odd seeing a Broad Arrow dated in 2000's!

I've also discovered the fixed bladed one is a 'Shoe knife'. Not sure if that's still on issue but almost identical ones are still being made by old Sheffield cutlery companies as well

Page 90 of 126 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 ... LastLast