Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 ... LastLast

Flea Market Finds

Article about: What I got this morning. Stein,mother and father wall hangings,14 1/2x33 shirt,Nov. 15,1940 dated size 34x31 trousers and belt. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Forgot this MSA liner stamped 342 in red inside. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea Market Finds  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Default Barn Finds

Today's car boot was a bust for militaria... few items, not much I wanted among those and/or sellers asking more than I wanted to pay...

However, if Rich will forgive me using this thread again, & all will indulge me in non-flea market content...

Those who've read other posts of mine may recall that, over many years, my grandfather accumulated piles of cra… I mean loads of stuff that might come in handy some day!

I've randomly discovered a couple of things of interest in the past so, while visiting my parents yesterday, I thought I'd make a more methodical search of their old barn where I knew grandad stashed some stuff in the past.

A couple of hours going through an old chest of drawers & various boxes & I'd gathered a reasonable pile to sort through

Old War Department 'screw' jack & handles (with a couple of random parts):
    Flea Market Finds

Made by Ernest Lake Ltd & marked 1 ton & 1963 (I think - figures seem to represent the year but adjoin what looks to be a part number); I will have to try & find what vehicle(s) it would have been used for.

Collection of tools etc to sort through:
    Flea Market Finds

The only thing here that is definitely military is the kit bag lock but some of the tools might be as well … they've had a hard life & many markings are rusted over etc but some have the 'look' eg the adjustable wrench (near LHS). More cleaning & examination will follow

Quote by brickie501 View Post
    ... More cleaning & examination will follow
    Just to prove there's somebody out there researching everything

Found an old (British) vehicle jack? … www.classic-british-car-jacks.uk will tell you what it was for!

Land Rover in my case - perfect; that covers all of my collecting interests

… & I knew I recognised my new adjustable spanner (wrench) but here's the reference that confirmed I have a Lucas Girder type & this model was an issued item:
    Adjustable Spanner: History, Origins and Development to 1970

No dates visible on mine so this also helps me know its not 1922 to late-1930s (no pipe-grip option), so is either early 1900s or, more likely, 1940-60

?

Nice stuff. The motorcycle tire repair kit is neat. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Got this Japanese stuff. Grenades,soldiers bag,Off To War banner,helmet. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Many years ago when I lived in Wisconsin, we went to a massive Flea Market held at the State Fairgrounds in West Allis, Milwaukee suburb. At this point in my collecting I was focusing on US WWII items. Stopping at one vendor's table I picked up a canteen with cover. The cover was missing the belt clip and on opening one flap, it appeared that the canteen had been painted a yellow green color. I put it down and walked away, but not too far. I went back, removed the canteen from the cover, put it back in and gladly paid the $5.00 asking price. This is what I just bought, a 1943 Dated Ethocel Canteen. Not a bad investment!

Flea Market Finds Flea Market Finds Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds Flea Market Finds Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds Flea Market Finds

?

Great canteen. I have mine in a matching year pouch with a same year cup.
    Got this stuff. 2 Chinese arsenal 36 75 round drums,W.W.1 victors flag,B.A.R. pouch,1942 high school yearbook. Rich A. in Pa.

?

Got this stuff. S.P. armband,mag pocket for .45 acp mags,2 green smoke and 2 yellow smoke and box for yellow. Rich A. in Pa.

CGR
    ?

Hey guys a few flea market finds last week. The photo is a press photo and the guy in the suit is the Gov of Oklahoma from 1943 to 1947 Robert S. Kerr and 3 unnamed Soldiers, the flag is signed all over it, captured flag I assume.
    WW1 German Camo Helmet, looks to be fall or Autumn Colors, Brown, Black, Orange and some Red in there, worn and the light spots seen on it is the Apple Green where some of the camo paint has worn off. No liner and rusty inside. Shrapnel damage on top?
    Wool MP Armband from 4th Infantry. And last a PASGT Unicor Helmet Complete with goggles.
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds
    Flea Market Finds

Thanks for showing, love the capture flag photo not seen by me before

Page 91 of 126 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 101 ... LastLast