Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found in family storage

Article about: Hello, We found these two knifes in storage, they were my grandfathers and he was in europe during ww2 and was in japan in 1946 for the occupation. We know nothing about these and would like

Default Found in family storage

Hello, We found these two knifes in storage, they were my grandfathers and he was in europe during ww2 and was in japan in 1946 for the occupation. We know nothing about these and would like to know if anyone knows what they are
    Thanks

Found in family storageFound in family storage

?

The bayonet looks like it is for a 1891 Carcano. There should be a date on the back of the scabbard.I forgot the name for the Philippine made blade. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Aren't the Philippine knives like that called a bolo? It's not the same type of shape as a US bolo knife, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is for those Philippine ones.

-Robyn

MAP
    ?

Quote by LoyalHistorian View Post
    Aren't the Philippine knives like that called a bolo? It's not the same type of shape as a US bolo knife, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is for those Philippine ones.

-Robyn
    I would agree (although we really can't see the whole blade that well). If I remember, they are an everyday working knife/blade that came different sizes and shapes

@Redblurr: It looks like someone chromed the Carcano bayonet. Not sure however, if there were official chromed parade versions of this or this was done by a Vet/someone else. Others may know
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)