MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet

Article about: Hi all. I wasn't sure where to put this recent find so here it is. The badge appears to be French or Belgian artillery of the type used on the front of their Adrian helmets. Construction is

Default French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet

Hi all. I wasn't sure where to put this recent find so here it is. The badge appears to be French or Belgian artillery of the type used on the front of their Adrian helmets. Construction is pressed fibre painted a grey khaki colour. No markings. Any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance. All the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet   French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet  

French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet   French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet  

French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet   French/ Belgian (?) Pressed Fibre Tropical Helmet  

Hi Spitace41

The insignia is French and was used from the 1870 to 1900 on a shako, the helmet and insignia combination on the other hand looks odd. i would think that it is a French tropical helmet, however this does not match with the typical tropical helmet the French used back then wich was inspired on the British pit helmet.

Greetings
    cydrych

?

Odd helmet not seen anything like it before, the liner looks similar to the British CPH helmet, are the 4 split pins holding the headband in place?

Steve